Religion, mammoths and dinosaurs,

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
darkages.gif
Not exactly a scientific graph is it?

What units is 'Scientific Advancement' measured in?

tonea2003 said:
If it is you'll be able to give me the sources of data then. Also, why does it ignore scientific advances made in the Islamic world during the Middle Ages? Why too, has it not labelled the Renaissance, the Christian Renaissance, as the Renaissance was substantially funded by Christian patronage? It's a graph that's very clearly biased against religion. That's before we even get to problem of assigning qualitative importance of scientific advances that allow us to plot a graph.

shaiomarali said:
I am intrigued by the idea of how the bite of the forbidden apple from the tree is actually symbolic of a DNA mixing event between extraterrestrials and early hominids, giving hominids a new found ability to acquire intelligence.

It's like the birds and the bees way of extraterrestrials saying, well, we reconfigured your dioxyribose nucleic acid chain by adding new RNA on the nth chain of your DNA tree, do....you....understand???

There is just a big gap in the evolution of intelligence that what is more plausible is outside interference. We have been living with apes for many centuries and none so far have shown as much capacity to develop further intelligence, while we humans seem to become more intelligent in leaps and bounds.

Wibble.

Oh and it's deoxyribonucleic acid.

Skashion said:
tonea2003 said:
If it is you'll be able to give me the sources of data then. Also, why does it ignore scientific advances made in the Islamic world during the Middle Ages? Why too, has it not labelled the Renaissance, the Christian Renaissance, as the Renaissance was substantially funded by Christian patronage? It's a graph that's very clearly biased against religion. That's before we even get to problem of assigning qualitative importance of scientific advances that allow us to plot a graph.

I meant it is very simplistic not that it is scientific
All it is showing that there was general repression of free thought that didn't match the literal meaning of the bible
I am sure there are important scientific advancements made during this time
Not as many as there should of given what the Romans et al were achieving

Skashion said:
tonea2003 said:

Serious question for you Skashion, are you a Muslim or someone related to a Muslim, or in fact are you yourself from the middle east or Asia ?

I don't mean anything nasty by asking that I'm just curious.

Yep I remember this thread.

It has appeared every year since I joined. Its like a comet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.