Religion, mammoths and dinosaurs,

SWP's back said:
The Flash said:
denislawsbackheel said:
The bible makes no mention of the numbers.

Genesis 6:19-20 instructs Noah to preserve two of every kind...
Boom.
I thought there was mention of seven of each "clean animal" and three of each "unclean animal".
It neglects lots of other stuff, the main one being where was all the water before the flood and where did it go afterwards? The planet couldn't survive if it all came from and returned to the clouds.
Also, the ark resed on Mount Ararat the highest point, because those writing the stories didn't know about the Himalayas.
And there's never been any explanation about why the polar bears went north and the penguins went south, probably due to ignorance about these animals.

East Level 2 said:
SWP's back said:
The Flash said:
Genesis 6:19-20 instructs Noah to preserve two of every kind...
Boom.
I thought there was mention of seven of each "clean animal" and three of each "unclean animal".
It neglects lots of other stuff, the main one being where was all the water before the flood and where did it go afterwards? The planet couldn't survive if it all came from and returned to the clouds.
Also, the ark resed on Mount Ararat the highest point, because those writing the stories didn't know about the Himalayas.
And there's never been any explanation about why the polar bears went north and the penguins went south, probably due to ignorance about these animals.

'Bible In Contradicting itself' shocker.
Of course there is always the remote possibility that one bloke working alone was unable to find exactly two of each of the 6.5 million species on the planet to stick on a small wooden boat, and that it was an allegorical moral parable that never actually happened.
We've not had a decent religion thread for ages and, sadly, I doubt this one will alleviate the draught if we are still discussing the ark.

Skashion said:
When has there ever been a decent religion thread?

'Ship Of Fools' had it's moments of half decent discussion, amidst assorted threats of fire, brimstone and banhammer.
There were also some comedic classic interludes, albeit mostly unintentional, and invariably when Pauldominic had overdone the altar wine late in the evening.
I seem to recall him ranting that you were the biggest **** on the forum, or some such bonkers defamation, which came as a bolt from the blue to me, as I thought I had that title well and truly in the bag years ago.

ChicagoBlue said:
lots of copy and pasted word

So you are agreeing that humans are closer to chimpanzees than they are to bananas and pigs then and that Darwin was indeed correct and the bloke I replied to was wrong.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Skashion said:

'Ship Of Fools' had it's moments of half decent discussion, amidst assorted threats of fire, brimstone and banhammer.
There were also some comedic classic interludes, albeit mostly unintentional, and invariably when Pauldominic had overdone the altar wine late in the evening.
I seem to recall him ranting that you were the biggest **** on the forum, or some such bonkers defamation, which came as a bolt from the blue to me, as I thought I had that title well and truly in the bag years ago.

It was I whom he proclaimed to be the biggest **** on here.

He also proclaimed it on Twitter.

I remember how gutted you were, too.

Although, it's almost time for the annual awards and you're up for several categories after an outstanding effort this past year.

SWP's back said:
ChicagoBlue said:
lots of copy and pasted word

So you are agreeing that humans are closer to chimpanzees than they are to bananas and pigs then and that Darwin was indeed correct and the bloke I replied to was wrong.
That's how I read it sweep, although you do know that DNA doesn't really exist, it's just planted there to fool gullible human beings and lead them astray from God by the Devil's minions, the Chimpanzees?

How many times has it got to be said before others understand it?

Humans didn't evolve from modern day apes or monkeys we evolved from a common ancestor.

funny-evolution-neville-from-harry-potter.jpg

The Flash said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Skashion said:

It was I whom he proclaimed to be the biggest **** on here.

He also proclaimed it on Twitter.

I remember how gutted you were, too.

Although, it's almost time for the annual awards and you're up for several categories after an outstanding effort this past year.

Oh fucking hell - you're right - I remember now - I apologise for erroneously awarding your title to Skashion.
That 'Ship Of Fools' thread was epic - 100 and odd pages of utter mayhem.
It was great, because I could get banned and then pick up where I left off a week later because nothing had changed, in fact in many ways it was the Cellar version of the 'Discuss Pellegrini' thread.
Maybe I can have the 'Lifetime Achievement' award instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.