Religion

Hes a ****. The type of dangerous, deluded **** that makes people hate religion.
As you admitted on another thread you like calling others cunts - so, let’s be honest, it’s got nothing to do with what the guy wrote. Just an excuse for you to be abusive.

edit: from the Janes Mcatee thread. And I noticed it as it didn’t come across as great there either
“Fuck me, most of us spend the majority of our lives being serious in our day to day lives to put food on the table and pay bills. I like the escapism that comes with football and part of that is calling anybody who plays for utd a ****. Even if they aren't.”

Last edited:
As you admitted on another thread you like calling others cunts - so, let’s be honest, it’s got nothing to do with what the guy wrote. Just an excuse for you to be abusive.

edit: from the Janes Mcatee thread. And I noticed it as it didn’t come across as great there either
“Fuck me, most of us spend the majority of our lives being serious in our day to day lives to put food on the table and pay bills. I like the escapism that comes with football and part of that is calling anybody who plays for utd a ****. Even if they aren't.”

You must realise **** can be used for abusive comentary, but also in some context a term of endearment or just general word used.

Calling united players **** is not abuse as it's true.

Saying he's a **** on a forum thread where someone is wishing societies to fail for being godless is pretty accurate and mild tbf

Everything to do with what he wrote. Dangerous thinking leads me to think he’s a ****.

You must realise **** can be used for abusive comentary, but also in some context a term of endearment or just general word used.

Calling united players **** is not abuse as it's true.

Saying he's a **** on a forum thread where someone is wishing societies to fail for being godless is pretty accurate and mild tbf
That is, in fairness, a very generous interpretation of what he wrote. Good on you :)

Everything to do with what he wrote. Dangerous thinking leads me to think he’s a ****.
Dangerous for whom? Anyhow, it brought a question to mind that I hadn’t considered before. Whether religión, at heart, is an invitation to open to that which is beyond tribal boundaries but, when in the hands of the closed mind, it can be that which reinforces tribalism even more (albeit perhaps in a different guise). So, cheers for that. Have a good day.

Just to add, there is a beatitude that is often translated as ‘blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth’ which, from the Aramaic, might be translated more like ‘blessed are the humble for they shall receive the earth.’ Maybe we could extend that to saying that as one lets go of arrogance, one becomes more open to receive the gifts of Mother Nature. And if She is truly beautiful, then maybe that’s not such a bad thing
See, I have always taken that to essentially be a message to the poor "stay poor, it will make you righteous". When this is a message being given to the poor by those holding power and money, you start to see the point of the texts. Keep the masses in line, don't stray above your station, you will receive your reward in the afterlife. With respect, but that sounds like horseshit to me.

See, I have always taken that to essentially be a message to the poor "stay poor, it will make you righteous". When this is a message being given to the poor by those holding power and money, you start to see the point of the texts. Keep the masses in line, don't stray above your station, you will receive your reward in the afterlife. With respect, but that sounds like horseshit to me.
Can understand if that is how it is interpreted and/or used, then indeed it wouldn’t be so great. On a practical level it can be a way to come to feel more empowered here and now. Like learning to relax downwards, to rise up. Not to oppress others. But each are free to choose to see it as they want. And I don’t call myself a Christian. Or go to a church.

To me that sums up the Catholic Church. Birth control is a sin.
The more children you have the chances of you being poor and staying poor is much greater.
The poorer you are with a large family means the more Catholics there are.
Further attend church every Sunday and give what little money you have to a wealthy priest/pope but don't worry you will bevrewarded when you are dead.

Oh and whilst you are at it pass me your child to satisfy my sexual urges because for some strange reason I am not allowed to be a normal human being.

Was a bit gobsmacked to find this from Descent of Man, Charles Darwin (from an Article entitled Was Charles Darwin an atheist? by John van Wyhe https://publicdomainreview.org/essay/was-charles-darwin-an-atheist).

”Belief in God—Religion.—There is no evidence that man was aboriginally endowed with the ennobling belief in the existence of an Omnipotent God. On the contrary there is ample evidence, derived not from hasty travellers, but from men who have long resided with savages, that numerous races have existed and still exist, who have no idea of one or more gods, and who have no words in their languages to express such an idea. The question is of course wholly distinct from that higher one, whether there exists a Creator and Ruler of the universe; and this has been answered in the affirmative by the highest intellects that have ever lived.”

Religion is a load of made up bullshit to put people in their place, just as our Governments are doing now with the back up of the police(who are there to serve us LOL, LOL,LOL)

People get taught this shite early on, grow up, realise it's bollocks as they get older, then die. It's been the same shit for fuck knows how long

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.