Religion

You must realise **** can be used for abusive comentary, but also in some context a term of endearment or just general word used.

Calling united players **** is not abuse as it's true.

Saying he's a **** on a forum thread where someone is wishing societies to fail for being godless is pretty accurate and mild tbf
Not wishing for a downfall at all. As I said earlier I wish all societies succeed, regardless of their religious stance. Merely stating my view that godless societies in history typically struggle to sustain themselves. Seeing someone speeding in a car doesn't mean I wish for them to crash, merely that their behaviour typically leads to crashes. In a similar vein saying irreligious societies typically don't last long doesn't mean I wish they don't last long, merely that that type of society typically doesn't.

Far from it, I hope all societies thrive and succeed. I'm just saying that if civilizations typically don't last long without religion, then a godless civilization that is early into its experiment with godlessness may not last long. Only time would tell.
You have absolutely nothing to base that on. Any "godless civilisation" as you call them that does fall in to ruin won't have any correlation to their 'godless' state being the cause of it. You cannot honestly believe that a state that has rejected God, which ultimately fails, can be explained away that their atheism was solely the cause.

Its more typical "science cannot explain this, therefore its down to God" type of nonsense.

Is kind of curious how people appear to say how religion is bad because it is anti science - then seemingly proceed to back this up with what could be said to be arguments that are lacking in the scientific rigour department, as if this were definitive proof.

I posted a while back a piece that had the 8 precepts and mind of Man /mind of Tao in the water way of taoism. Can have a look if you want and decide if that fits with what you speak of.
no thanks. I have no time for religion, that said I hold nothing against those that practice it peacefully and without hitherto us.
I hate any religion that uses its power to inflict death and misery on other human beings. The Bhuddists in Burma (Myanmar) are doing just that.

Is kind of curious how people appear to say how religion is bad because it is anti science - then seemingly proceed to back this up with what could be said to be arguments that are lacking in the scientific rigour department, as if this were definitive proof.
Nobody has even said anything like that at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.