Religion

The bottom line is it doesn’t matter what anybody feels about it, it’s just a fact of life. For what it’s worth, here’s how I deal with it. As long as any of my parents children are alive, their children, so are my parents, because we are them. Every mannerism my siblings and kids, grand kids nieces and nephews show that came from my parents reminds me that they are right in the room.

Of course it’s sad when they go, when you lose family, but we all go and for those remaining we carry on. We remember them, we laugh, we sing their songs at family gatherings. As long as we are alive, so are they. My mother lives rent free in my head still, telling me off. She’s my Jiminy Cricket. Only she swears.
I suspect I value my family and friends far more because of the finality of it. None of this ‘I’ll see you in the afterlife’ nonsense. I know I’ve got them just whilst we’re both around, and try to treasure every minute of it.

What I struggle to understand is why Atheists seem to get so angry with a God who they don't believe exists.
We did not get angry at that. We get bemused and frustrated, rather than angry, at how anybody can read any holy book and not think, hold on. On top of that, every single one of you have the right guy. Without fail, if you ask a believer of any of the 3,500 current gods whose god is the true god, guess how that poll goes?

It’s not looking at that and thinking, hold on.

A tiny planet, on the suburbs of our insignificant galaxy, in an endless universe with billions upon billions of planets and ge chooses our planet, but builds the rest too. Why? It’s fucking preposterous, human and made up and has been since our earliest times to put explanation to natural phenomenon they couldn’t understand. Earthquakes, meteors, eclipses,etc.

You would think such a genius god who created the universe snd us, would be able to get us all to realise who the fuck he really was and we all agreed he was the guy.

Much easier than creating matter and light.

The bottom line is it doesn’t matter what anybody feels about it, it’s just a fact of life. For what it’s worth, here’s how I deal with it. As long as any of my parents children are alive, their children, so are my parents, because we are them. Every mannerism my siblings and kids, grand kids nieces and nephews show that came from my parents reminds me that they are right in the room.

Of course it’s sad when they go, when you lose family, but we all go and for those remaining we carry on. We remember them, we laugh, we sing their songs at family gatherings. As long as we are alive, so are they. My mother lives rent free in my head still, telling me off. She’s my Jiminy Cricket. Only she swears.
Bang on!

It’s genes that we pass on and we live on through our offspring. But that’s only a short term way of thinking.

Here’s a good way of thinking about things as well…

I suspect I value my family and friends far more because of the finality of it. None of this ‘I’ll see you in the afterlife’ nonsense. I know I’ve got them just whilst we’re both around, and try to treasure every minute of it.

That’s the obviously logical counterpoint to Morgan’s question of Dawkins.

How can you fully appreciate life, and your relationship with someone, if you don’t accept that it’s finite, and fleeting and fragile?

If you think life is just a momentary detour before we all meet up in heaven for eternity in paradise then life and death is all pretty meaningless.

We did not get angry at that. We get bemused and frustrated, rather than angry, at how anybody can read any holy book and not think, hold on. On top of that, every single one of you have the right guy. Without fail, if you ask a believer of any of the 3,500 current gods whose god is the true god, guess how that poll goes?

It’s not looking at that and thinking, hold on.

A tiny planet, on the suburbs of our insignificant galaxy, in an endless universe with billions upon billions of planets and ge chooses our planet, but builds the rest too. Why? It’s fucking preposterous, human and made up and has been since our earliest times to put explanation to natural phenomenon they couldn’t understand. Earthquakes, meteors, eclipses,etc.

You would think such a genius god who created the universe snd us, would be able to get us all to realise who the fuck he really was and we all agreed he was the guy.

Much easier than creating matter and light.
But some people think the earth is flat. It doesn't make me so angry and aggressive.

That’s the obviously logical counterpoint to Morgan’s question of Dawkins.

How can you fully appreciate life, and your relationship with someone, if you don’t accept that it’s finite, and fleeting and fragile?

If you think life is just a momentary detour before we all meet up in heaven for eternity in paradise then life and death is all pretty meaningless.
A better reply would be "Fuck off Morgan you ****"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.