Religion

Whatever. It's still wrong to say the believers don't fully appreciate/value the temporal life on Earth.

Qur'an 99:6-8 "On that Day people will proceed in separate groups to be shown ˹the consequences of˺ their deeds.
So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it.
And whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it."
All very well, but both the Quran and Bible clearly state if you don’t accept the book you’re doomed. I always smile when there is a debate with believers of different faiths and atheists, every religious person looks at all the others and thinks, they are going to hell for not buying into their truth.

I get why people have religion. It gives them hope and something in their lives. It's nice going to church. I got married in church, but I'm not religious at all. Weird as that may be.

I don't like it when it's pushed in your face etc.

Last year for Halloween I put out some crosses in the garden and dangled some limbs off them. I had a lady come to my door and tell me it was offensive as she was a Christian. I was baffled.

Whatever. It's still wrong to say the believers don't fully appreciate/value the temporal life on Earth.

Qur'an 99:6-8 "On that Day people will proceed in separate groups to be shown ˹the consequences of˺ their deeds.
So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it.
And whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it."
It’s an interesting thought process you’ve worked through to think the best response to my previous “what a load of bollocks” comment, was to quote the Qur’an to attempt to hammer home your point?

Notwithstanding, what I think you’re saying, is based on the quoted passage of the Qur’an, you must obviously value your friends and family on earth as much as I do, as you might not see each other in your afterlife if one of you has been evil and the other hasn’t?

So your book tells you if you’re good, you’ll get to spend time with other good people, which are presumably the same people you’d want to spend your afterlife with. Unless you’re saying you value the people who are evil on earth, as you might not see them in the afterlife?

It’s all very confusing. It’s almost like it’s a load of bollocks.

Also, which particular atom is being weighed here? A hydrogen atom weighs significantly less than a uranium atom as an example? Looks like there needs to be a ‘weighted’ system on the go for it to be fair. I’d assume god would have figured that all out, but can’t be too sure…as he keeps creating all these evil people, so he clearly hasn’t ironed out all the kinks in the system yet.

It’s an interesting thought process you’ve worked through to think the best response to my previous “what a load of bollocks” comment, was to quote the Qur’an to attempt to hammer home your point?

Notwithstanding, what I think you’re saying, is based on the quoted passage of the Qur’an, you must obviously value your friends and family on earth as much as I do, as you might not see each other in your afterlife if one of you has been evil and the other hasn’t?

So your book tells you if you’re good, you’ll get to spend time with other good people, which are presumably the same people you’d want to spend your afterlife with. Unless you’re saying you value the people who are evil on earth, as you might not see them in the afterlife?

Also, which particular atom is being weighed here? A hydrogen atom weighs significantly less than a uranium atom as an example? Looks like there needs to be a ‘weighted’ system on the go for it to be fair. I’d assume god would have figured that all out, but can’t be too sure…as he keeps creating all these evil people, so he clearly hasn’t ironed out all the kinks in the system yet.
Well apparently God didn't create evil people, it was the pesky 'free will' that did that. Apart from the fact he created people that had serious mental problems that would send them down a path of murder, dooming them forever, for no fault of their own. You would have thought he'd have thought about that at the time, wouldn't you?

All very well, but both the Quran and Bible clearly state if you don’t accept the book you’re doomed. I always smile when there is a debate with believers of different faiths and atheists, every religious person looks at all the others and thinks, they are going to hell for not buying into their truth.

Do you expect these books to say "you can either accept it or not, it doesn't matter" ? Any book claiming to be from God has to be assertive and cannot flip-flop on conflicting ideas.

It's common to see people of one faith condemning the other group to hell, but that's not the case at a personal level. Ask a Muslim "Are you sure you will be in heaven ?" and the answer would never be in the affirmative. We haven't been given that guarantee, and any kind of spiritual pride is misplaced.

Last edited:

The first part just went over my head. Either Hydrogen or Uranium, as long as it's the same atom used, it shouldn't matter. As you expected, in our faith, there is a "weighted" system to balance the good deeds and sins, and the requirement to enter paradise is to have the scale of good deeds heavier .

Do you expect these books to say "you can either accept it or not, it doesn't matter" ? Any book claiming to be from God has to be assertive and cannot flip-flop on conflicting ideas.

It's common to see people of one faith condemning the other group to hell, but that's not the case at a personal level. Ask a Muslim "Are you sure you will be in heaven ?" and the answer would never be in the affirmative. We haven't been given that guarantee, and any kind of spiritual pride is misplaced.
Yet the books are full of contradictions aren't they?

Why is the creator of the whole Universe so petty, that without a single shred of evidence he exists, will burn people forever for not believing? Don’t you think that type of spite is a human trait? A god that allows over 10,000 other gods to be worshiped throughout time? Your religion is only 1700 years old. Humans have been here for nearly 250,000 years. What about Neanderthals? The other four human species that went extinct? What about all the people who came before the Quran? They burning in hell too?

If he existed and wrote a book, or three, why does an omnipotent god need three books? Are you trying to tell me such a being could create the universe, but couldn’t put in an appearance and tell the whole world he’s the guy? Forgot how he made the universe? That the earth isn’t the centre of the universe. Forgot we went around the sun. Said stars would fall to earth in the final days, obviously forgot they are stars much bigger than they look from earth? It’s utter bullshit. It’s man made up. There is also so much evil in all of those books. Kill this, kill that, take slaves, take sex slaves, kill disobedient children. Kill all who don’t believe.,

If that god is actually real, he’s a very vindictive, evil being. And all three books writing in the same area? How convenient.

These books are about control. If they tell you you will burn forever if you don’t believe, it frightens people. Especially uneducated people. That’s why fundamentalists don’t want you getting educated. It is a threat to their bullshit. If in 2023 you actually believe in Adam and Eve started humanity you are deluding yourself to refute fact for faith. How can that be right when all he needs to do is appear all over the world and say, here I am and this is what I want you to do?

Why not do that? It’s because he doesn’t exist. Or does he just love to keep you hanging? You are an atheist to 3,499 other gods being worshipped right now.

Why don’t you believe in them? Think about that and hopefully realise that’s why I don’t believe in yours.

Last edited:
Why is the creator of the whole Universe so petty that without a single shred of evidence he exists will burn people forever for not believing? Don’t you think that type of spite is a human trait? A god that allows over 10,000 other gods to ge worshiped throughout time? Your religion is only 1700 years old. Humans have been here for nearly 250,000 years. What about Neanderthals? The other four human species that went extinct? What about all the people who came before the Quran? They burning in hell too?

If he existed and wrote a book, or three, why does an omnipotent goid need three books? Are you trying to tell me such a being could create the universe but couldn’t put in an appearance and tell the whole world he’s the guy? Forgot how he made the universe? That the earth isn’t the centre of the universe. Forgot we went around the sun. Said stars would fall to earth in the final days, obviously forgot they are stars much bigger than they look from earth? It’s utter bullshit. It’s man made up. There is also so much evil in all of those books. Kill this, kill that, take slaves, take sex slaves, kill disobedient children. Kill all who don’t believe.,

If that god is actually real, he’s a very vindictive, evil being. And all three books writing in the same area? How convenient.

These books are about control. If they tell you you will burn forever if you don’t believe, frightens people. How can that be right when all he needs to do is appear all over the works and say here I am and this is what I want you to do. Why not do that? It’s because he doesn’t exist. You are an atheist to 3,499 other gods being worshipped right now.

Why don’t you believe in them? Think about that and hopefully realise that’s why I don’t believe in yours.
I think you’re being unfair here. Those other gods and religions are clearly made up nonsense only a small brainwashed child or gullible/stupid adult would believe.

The Qur’an however, especially the bit about flying on a winged horse, is clearly different.

The first part just went over my head. Either Hydrogen or Uranium, as long as it's the same atom used, it shouldn't matter. As you expected, in our faith, there is a "weighted" system to balance the good deeds and sins, and the requirement to enter paradise is to have the scale of good deeds heavier .
I suspect because it’s based on logic. That does tend to stump a lot of religious folk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.