Religion

There is a concept of a bridge crossing over hell

Bridgewater-Canal-Towpath.jpg

I get why people have religion. It gives them hope and something in their lives. It's nice going to church. I got married in church, but I'm not religious at all. Weird as that may be.

I don't like it when it's pushed in your face etc.

Last year for Halloween I put out some crosses in the garden and dangled some limbs off them. I had a lady come to my door and tell me it was offensive as she was a Christian. I was baffled.
You know what to do next year then so, nick the big crucifix from your local church, stick it in her front garden and set the fucker on fire. With a clown hat on the christ figure.

But first brick her windows and torch her car.

If she complains tell her it's an important annual ritual in your sect of Christianity and God wants you to do it.

You know what to do next year then so, nick the big crucifix from your local church, stick it in her front garden and set the fucker on fire. With a clown hat on the christ figure.

But first brick her windows and torch her car.

If she complains tell her it's an important annual ritual in your sect of Christianity and God wants you to do it.
Don’t forget to ask her to send all her money to your account. He always wants that.

All very well, but both the Quran and Bible clearly state if you don’t accept the book you’re doomed.

This is not necessarily true (nothing ever is with these books). I think it's classic religious picking and choosing the passages that are deemed important.

The Qu'ran in particular says that Jews and Christians will be judged by Allah according to their own religions. This is why the Ottoman empire was so much more religiously tolerant than Middle-Ages Europe, which expelled their Jews, many of whom ended up in Istanbul.

And I'm sure that New Testament is pretty forgiving of non-believers. It's more about how you'll never get to heaven until you accept God, but that could be at the pearly gates. It's particularly tolerant of people who never hear the gospel. Rejecting it is less good, which I suppose is all of us given we're all exposed to it these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.