Religion

Do you think your some kind of Confucius, Here to enlighten us all?
No, just a student that would really enjoy it if there were others around that might want to explore something beyond writing
as just dogmatic adherence to one set of beliefs or another. A practice that would be more like an art, if you want - rather than just a theoretical
science, religion or even debate about football.

Putting aside ideas of 'science is right, religion is wrong,' is life that is stuck to theory in such a way as to get in the way
of deeper knowing of qualities such as beauty, joy, rhythm, harmony, balance etc...really such a wonderful idea? Is like
spending time only trying to understand honey, without actually tasting it?

Beautiful. And "
“I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it.
It's just getting out of one car, and into another.”

What if the ideas he doesn't believe in are the 'cars?' They can be helpful for a while but then they come
to be a distraction (of my car is better than yours) rather than that which helps open to a deeper
genuine humanity - the simplicity of we really are, expressed through our own lives. And yet it also implies that there is a space
between the cars - maybe this is the shared essence of Life?

Edit : arfur, whatever you do, do not write 'what if the 'getting out of one car, and into another' is what some might call rein - car -nation?' Phew, that was close...

Last edited:
Do you ever read poetry? If so, do you read a poem in a way where you feel its rhythm, appreciate the cadence, enjoy the beauty of the words...in such a way that brings a smile to your face, a soft war glow to the heart? Or do you sit there with scowl on your face and say to yourself 'this just doesn't prove anything and it isn't like rocket science' and so put the poem down?

pure poetry

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need…

After wading through all the gobbledygook and psychobabble that goes with any discussion of religion and spirituality, it boils down to one thing: Faith in the belief of a divine being or not.

I choose not and believe religion was a form of control over weak minded individuals and has turned into a business that seeks to separate people from their money by funneling archaic beliefs and insinuated threats into their lives.
Yup...

pure poetry

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need…
Beautiful. Enjoy.
"Imagine all the people living life in peace"
Peace beyond conflict, wonderful..
"I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one"
joining - like connection, deeper communication? as one - as a whole?
"Imagine no possessions."
like we don't possess anyone or anything but we are free to enjoy them as they come our way?

So maybe what he is suggesting that there is something beyond 'just' ideas, beyond 'just' the physical - that we could all open up to?
What if it is as simple as suggesting one can come to know a closeness/connection with people even if we appear, on the outside, to
be be poles apart physically and/or ideologically? Then perhaps in this connection people are free to play with music, words,
art, beliefs and other people...in a sense of freedom and perhaps not in such a serious way that leads to things to kill or die for?
Maybe some, in their language, would call this 'heaven on earth' - not so much as a concept but rather as a way of being, shared by all humanity?
A way that does not breed homogenous robots but beings that dance to their own rhythm, in their own unique way?

Then again, maybe I'm just a dreamer...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.