Religion

Beautiful. Enjoy.
"Imagine all the people living life in peace"
Peace beyond conflict, wonderful..
"I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one"
joining - like connection, deeper communication? as one - as a whole?
"Imagine no possessions."
like we don't possess anyone or anything but we are free to enjoy them as they come our way?

So maybe what he is suggesting that there is something beyond 'just' ideas, beyond 'just' the physical - that we could all open up to?
What if it is as simple as suggesting one can come to know a closeness/connection with people even if we appear, on the outside, to
be be poles apart physically and/or ideologically? Then perhaps in this connection people are free to play with music, words,
art, beliefs and other people...in a sense of freedom and perhaps not in such a serious way that leads to things to kill or die for?
Maybe some, in their language, would call this 'heaven on earth' - not so much as a concept but rather as a way of being, shared by all humanity?
A way that does not breed homogenous robots but beings that dance to their own rhythm, in their own unique way?

Then again, maybe I'm just a dreamer...

more like get rid of dogma and doctrine in ones life

more like get rid of dogma and doctrine in ones life
This I agree with you - as I see it, is the difference between words as just dogma and doctrine and words being used as a way
to open to felt qualities beyond just description. And I forgot to say thank you. It felt like, with these lyrics, you
were giving me something, more than just demanding something from me. Is appreciated. You gave me something that speaks to
you, I received this and 'danced' with it in my own way. You might want to be with this in a different way. Great - if you want to share
more about what the lyrics might mean for you and/or how they move you, then I'd love to listen. If not then, well... don't, right? Cheers.

This I agree with you - as I see it, is the difference between words as just dogma and doctrine and words being used as a way
to open to felt qualities beyond just description. And I forgot to say thank you. It felt like, with these lyrics, you
were giving me something, more than just demanding something from me. Is appreciated. You gave me something that speaks to
you, I received this and 'danced' with it in my own way. You might want to be with this in a different way. Great - if you want to share
more about what the lyrics might mean for you and/or how they move you, then I'd love to listen. If not then, well... don't, right? Cheers.

simple, you do not need religion and all it entails in any way shape or form in your life

simple, you do not need religion and all it entails in any way shape or form in your life
Wonderful. And for me, as I go through my own practices (not, I don't think. of eg the catholic church but I don't know for sure) then perhaps at first I might
become aware of troubles within, then slowly as I allow myself to feel more 'rooted' then these troubles begin to melt away. There might still be situations to deal with, but I
can be with them in a different way. For one who has been what might be called 'a troubled soul' this is such a beautiful blessing indeed. Through this, I might look at some 'religious' teachings and say to myself 'oh, that's what they were trying to communicate.' Other times I might, for example, come on this forum and see people writing that anything to do with feeling grounded is just 'not the the scientific way' and so is quackery or whatever. Do I follow this scientific dogma/doctrine so as to try and 'fit in; with the seemingly self-appointed guardians of 'truth' on bluemoon (don't mean the mods by the way) or do I follow a way that which is experienced as practically true for myself, even if many/most might not understand what I write? What would you choose, truly?

Yep, 100% how anyone with a sound mind can believe this tripe is beyond me.

i don't think they genuinely do, they might pretend to think they really believe but i think deep down they know it's plain ridiculous.
it's a shame but i think many go into religion because they're bored, don't have much going on in the lives and even for attention.

Wonderful. And for me, as I go through my own practices (not, I don't think. of eg the catholic church but I don't know for sure) then perhaps at first I might
become aware of troubles within, then slowly as I allow myself to feel more 'rooted' then these troubles begin to melt away. There might still be situations to deal with, but I
can be with them in a different way. For one who has been what might be called 'a troubled soul' this is such a beautiful blessing indeed. Through this, I might look at some 'religious' teachings and say to myself 'oh, that's what they were trying to communicate.' Other times I might, for example, come on this forum and see people writing that anything to do with feeling grounded is just 'not the the scientific way' and so is quackery or whatever. Do I follow this scientific dogma/doctrine so as to try and 'fit in; with the seemingly self-appointed guardians of 'truth' on bluemoon (don't mean the mods by the way) or do I follow a way that which is experienced as practically true for myself, even if many/most might not understand what I write? What would you choose, truly?

how does this sit with you

The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

how does this sit with you

The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
And that is your way of choosing to be with life. Might others choose otherwise, as to come to know the Lennonist world that you speak of? Or is your doctrine the only one that will work this way? And would it be fair for me to question whether you are really talking about letting go of dogma/doctrine or whether what you are more talking about, is being against 'religious' dogma/doctrine but for 'scientific' dogma/doctrine? These may not be the same arguments - yet you can choose your way, I can choose mine. Just, if you wanted to clarify which position you support, this might make communication easier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.