Remember Bradford 87 (yes 87)?

I was there at Valley Parade with a few mates. Oh what a night! Paul Stewart particularly and David White were on fire with their pace and strength. I can still picture Stewart speeding towards us and finishing to make it 4-2. He was really good one on one. My glasses went flying a few yards forward onto the terrace as we bounced up and down for that 4th goal! We knew we had won then after so long. One of my most memorable away days because it broke the winless run and the spectacular nature of it.

We had to run for our train at Bradford and across platforms at Leeds for our connection home. Remember being quite out of breath! Happy days.

Last edited:
I was there, hazy memory of blues being everywhere and a huge following despite us not winning away for ages. It was almost as if the longer the winless run went on more people wanted to travel so they could say they were there.
I wasn’t there, still too young, but I have heard stories, and this being highlighted brings to mind the increasing attendance (often by non-citizens that have come from abroad) of San Marino games as their record international losing streak continued on… until recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.