Remember that MMR/Autism Thread?

WE do know that it is happening

You are correct on the "climate change" terminology rather than "global warming", I'm not sure why I said that, maybe because somebody posted it earlier and it was in my head.

Imagining that there will be a complete scientific consensus on any issue is far fetched. I'm aware that there has been some accusations of data skewing in the past, though couldn't remember if it was ever proven. Either way, you don't throw out the work of 100,000 good scientists because 1 has made it up.

Here's something that I have previously posted about it:

There are a lot of people blowing hot air here without actually knowing the proper position, as far as the science is concerned.

The science supports the following conclusions:

Climate Change IS happening
Humanity IS effecting it
On a specital level, humanity gives off more environmental pollution than every other species put together
Ice sheets ARE melting at a faster rate than previously recorded.
This is NOT a natural event that is part of a normal Earth climate shift

Things that are not yet supported, or are up for debate:
Humanity is causing Climate Change
Global Warming is causing the Earth to heat up
Large amounts Carbon Dioxide have a negative effect on our atmosphere
More species are becoming extinct now than ever before

Actually, I'll stop with this list, as naming things that are unscientific yet believed about Climate Change would take up the rest of my day.

Damocles said:
WE do know that it is happening

You are correct on the "climate change" terminology rather than "global warming", I'm not sure why I said that, maybe because somebody posted it earlier and it was in my head.

Imagining that there will be a complete scientific consensus on any issue is far fetched. I'm aware that there has been some accusations of data skewing in the past, though couldn't remember if it was ever proven. Either way, you don't throw out the work of 100,000 good scientists because 1 has made it up.

Here's something that I have previously posted about it:

There are a lot of people blowing hot air here without actually knowing the proper position, as far as the science is concerned.

The science supports the following conclusions:

Climate Change IS happening
Humanity IS effecting it
On a specital level, humanity gives off more environmental pollution than every other species put together
Ice sheets ARE melting at a faster rate than previously recorded.
This is NOT a natural event that is part of a normal Earth climate shift

Things that are not yet supported, or are up for debate:
Humanity is causing Climate Change
Global Warming is causing the Earth to heat up
Large amounts Carbon Dioxide have a negative effect on our atmosphere
More species are becoming extinct now than ever before

Actually, I'll stop with this list, as naming things that are unscientific yet believed about Climate Change would take up the rest of my day.

Won't hi-jack this thread but not all of that is strictly true and as a climate change scientist, you are far more likely to get grants to find in favour of climate change than not.

But no, it is not unified that it is anthropological, nor can we know the speed reletive to previous changes in climate as ice core data is not sufficiently accurate.

I do like this graph though:

Ice_Age_Temperature.png

It does show how much warmer the world has been that at present during the last 450k years.

Yes, the climate is changing. Yes it has always changed. Yes, humans are adding to that. No, we don't know that we could stop it, even if we wanted to.

A website I'd recommend would be Skeptical Science for anyone who doubts ACC.

The fact that the debate is still contested by the public forfends a genuine 'green' movement from taking place. The actions of certain scientists have hardly been ideal, but either way, immediate action is necessary.

Whatever happened to that thread you started Damocles on the CC cartoon?

I remember Skashion and that Bulgarian kid pouncing on a slack statement by myself on energy usage which I had intended to properly qualify.

nashark said:

The fact that the debate is still contested by the public forfends a genuine 'green' movement from taking place. The actions of certain scientists have hardly been ideal, but either way, immediate action is necessary.

I remember Skashion and that Bulgarian kid pouncing on a slack statement by myself on energy usage which I had intended to properly qualify.

You being serious for a moment?

SWP's back said:
nashark said:

Yes.

nashark said:
SWP's back said:

Yes.

My goodness.

Thanks for the website (Skeptical Science), some good rebuttals in there. Nothing is straightforward with regards to ACC or CC, having studied it at uni, I am aware of the both sides of the arguements though I would say that man has not a hope in hell of reversing it, even if we so desire. Not with the like of India, China and most of 3rd Africa, yet to properly harness their industrial powers.

Though you may enjoy this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=8162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=8162</a>

Just to show that both sides can rebutt each other (I have no side, just like to see debate rather than finite Yes's or No's on things that aren't quite that black and white)

Guys

Just to get back onto the MMR / Autism situaiton. It is a terrible position to put parents into. My daughter is 19mths old and when the time came to make her MMR appointment it took my wife and I a month or two to make sure we were doing the right thing by our daughter.

Even scare-mongering like this has an effect, for us a small delaying effect but we went with the MMR jab in the end.

You cant blame parents for being concerned when we are fed the info / crap by the media from every angle.

BlueMark said:
Guys

Just to get back onto the MMR / Autism situaiton. It is a terrible position to put parents into. My daughter is 19mths old and when the time came to make her MMR appointment it took my wife and I a month or two to make sure we were doing the right thing by our daughter.

Even scare-mongering like this has an effect, for us a small delaying effect but we went with the MMR jab in the end.

You cant blame parents for being concerned when we are fed the info / crap by the media from every angle.

Is that you Clarkie?

Everyone knows this thread is a joke. Of course MMR jabs cause Autism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.