Remembering the Inflatable Banana craze / Stoke Boxing Day fancy dress party

A midweek game at West Brom away had Frankenstein v Tyrannosaurus Rex with Blues baying for a "fight fight fight.....".
Kevin Cummins had Frankenstein
And during the game a paddling pool appeared with a kid in it!
Amazing days when what was happening on the pitch was secondary to what was happening on the terraces.

Went to Watford away and my.mate had a 6 foot inflatable Killer Whale. Couldn't get it through the turnstiles! Hilarious scene as stewards on the outside pushed and stewards on the inside pulled!
Luckily for my mate, Alan Potter turned up moments later and he also couldn't fit through the turnstiles and had to be let in via the exit gate - my mate nipped through with him and his Killer Whale!
Also remember at the West Brom game somebody had an inflatable Newcastle brown. Think he let it down when everyone sang "you dirty geordie bastard" to him

A midweek game at West Brom away had Frankenstein v Tyrannosaurus Rex with Blues baying for a "fight fight fight.....".
Amazing days when what was happening on the pitch was secondary to what was happening on the terraces.

Went to Watford away and my.mate had a 6 foot inflatable Killer Whale. Couldn't get it through the turnstiles! Hilarious scene as stewards on the outside pushed and stewards on the inside pulled!
Luckily for my mate, Alan Potter turned up moments later and he also couldn't fit through the turnstiles and had to be let in via the exit gate - my mate nipped through with him and his Killer Whale!
Remember trying to push Potter through the turnstiles a Burnden park that was a losing battle as well.

2 bananas and a yellow dolphin with a squeeky top fin all sadly RIP.

Took some fantastic photos at Walsall in the 2-2 or 3-2... without checking can't remember the score but McNab missed a pen & Dibble was sent off sadly Boots lost the fuckers.

There's very little evidence of the craze on the web. Thousands of us up & down the country with an inflatable under our arm.

Brilliant times.

That WBA game is one of my favourite football memories. A Frankenstein prompting a chant 'only two Trevor Morleys' until a second Frankenstein appeared.
Do you know how Alan Potters health is?
Ps just read subsequent post.

2 bananas and a yellow dolphin with a squeeky top fin all sadly RIP.

Took some fantastic photos at Walsall in the 2-2 or 3-2... without checking can't remember the score but McNab missed a pen & Dibble was sent off sadly Boots lost the fuckers.

There's very little evidence of the craze on the web. Thousands of us up & down the country with an inflatable under our arm.

Brilliant times.
was that the one in the snow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.