Renan Lodi

Some here worried he's too defensive and not enough going forward. Some worried he's "not a special player". I mean the naivete and elitism of some posters who think we should only be in for the absolute top of the tier in players and then only wanting to spend like pensioners to get them. The main reason Cancelo is a worry is he clocks out defensively at times- but he is a huge threat in attack.
I'd welcome a LB who gives us defensive peace of mind- you know full well if you almost spit out your lager every time our false 3 makes a poor defensive decision or you find yourself holding your breath every time an opposing right winger moves down that flank- or the ball even ends up in that part of the pitch with only our LB to mop up... our players on the field are having to give pause to it as well. Also- our squad isn't exactly lacking for offensive power and arguably with that additional cover could be even more potent as the left wing and to an extent the central midfielders wont have to track back to cover by necessity to assist. Said before- we don't need a world beater- we've been without a true LB since ----- and he didn't exactly measure up ESPECIALLY defensively.
That's if he can be gotten for 50-60, if it's really 100-120, F off.

Last edited:
Its 60m€ (to end the debate), he's easily defensively good enough (to end rhe debate), and he's easilt attacking enough (as his goal against Utd at OT certfies... Although probably makes his worth half of what Pascal Gros is)...

Some here worried he's too defensive and not enough going forward. Some worried he's "not a special player". I mean the naivete and elitism of some posters who think we should only be in for the absolute top of the tier in players and then only wanting to spend like pensioners to get them. The main reason Cancelo is a worry is he clocks out defensively at times- but he is a huge threat in attack.
I'd welcome a LB who gives us defensive peace of mind- you know full well if you almost spit out your lager every time our false 3 makes a poor defensive decision or you find yourself holding your breath every time an opposing right winger moves down that flank- or the ball even ends up in that part of the pitch with only our LB to mop up... our players on the field are having to give pause to it as well. Also- our squad isn't exactly lacking for offensive power and arguably with that additional cover could be even more potent as the left wing and to an extent the central midfielders wont have to track back to cover by necessity to assist. Said before- we don't need a world beater- we've been without a true LB since ----- and he didn't exactly measure up ESPECIALLY defensively.
That's if he can be gotten for 50-60, if it's really 100-120, F off.
I'm a fan of the spending like we know what the value of money is, personally. But I won't turn my nose up to good talent.

But if 50 was too much for Cucurella, 120 is certainly too much for Lodi. Even if he was the Messi of leftbacks. Which he isn't.

That said, I think we already have the Messi of leftbacks.

Sergio!!!! Sergio!!!! ;)

Looked okay against us but looked excellent the year before against the dippers. I’d take him.

Its 60m€ (to end the debate), he's easily defensively good enough (to end rhe debate), and he's easilt attacking enough (as his goal against Utd at OT certfies... Although probably makes his worth half of what Pascal Gros is)...
Is he creative enough though ? Not seen or at least noticed him on the few occasions I’ve watched an Atletico game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.