Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

There is no way we'd have backed down if we hadn't spoken to UEFA and the PL to make sure there would be no repercussions.

Having said that, I'd be delighted if we ended up with better regulation, a wage cap, majority fan ownership, but can't see all of that happening. It's as Pep said in the press conference yesterday, there are too many organisations acting out of narrow self interest here.

Well uefa are that powerful now with the threats they can make of player being banned from international football they could say forget ffp what we doing across all of Europe is bring in a rule where all clubs have to have wages of only 55% of the clubs turnover! That in one rule will get clubs spending down on players and wages..

Get over it. The management have been nothing but outstanding in their roles ever since the takeover. They made a calculated bet and could have stuck to their guns to bury UEFA but it looks like reason prevailed and we listen to their terms and concessions. Asking for punishment for the club is frankly disingenuous and childish. Like a kid crying in the playground to mommy to slap the kid who took his candy. Not gonna happen.
Spot on. But I would change the last sentence ever so slightly “Like a kid crying in the playground to mommy to slap the kid who said he was going to take his candy”.

Can’t see how we can get punished for something we said we were going to do, but 48 hours later said we won’t.

I wish we had never signed up to this in the first place. However, I can understand where the “suits” may have been stuck between a rock and a hard place and why they did.

I am glad that common sense (fan pressure) has made them change their mind and whilst not happy that we were part of it initially, I am thankful that we did pull the plug on it first.

Last edited:
The only way for clubs to come back from this now is salary caps. It’s sad for the players that they’ll be the ones that lose out but football is unsustainable at the moment.
UEFA should implement something like up to 5 players can earn 200k pw, another 5 can earn 175k etc. To a maximum of 60% of turnover. And make contracts standardized throughout every league. For example KDB you have a tier one contract you earn this per week for 5 years with these incentives/bonuses/players rights etc.

The football bubble is bursting. They’ve got nowhere to go now. UEFA have the power for a first time in a long time.

The only repercussions I want to see involve an independent regulator of football, part fan ownership of clubs, caps on wages, controls on agents, limits on foreign ownership....and never to go through this again.
Exactly while I was not happy with the plans that went so spectacularly off the rails I am not like many in celebratory mode.
If the game is really to be saved there is a large swamp out there that needs draining and the changes you mention need implementing.
Don't hold your breath though and if the football authorities continue on their merry incompetent way it will only be a matter of time before there is another coup attempt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.