Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

Personally I'd like to Khaldoon deliver a speech similar to what Henry has done today on Liverpools website... ultimately he is responsible for the negative press that we have received, whether it was planned or not... to be contrite and apologise would be a fine starting move and I'm sure Khaldoon as more than enough credit with City supporters to accept that why the club were associated to this farce of a plan
Henry meant nothing of what he said. The lie detector would have gone into meltdown.

Unfortunately there is no " magic formula " where success and money aren't combined .

We want to watch City playing great football and being succesful means that the players will be well rewarded.

If it makes you feel better, look at the rag players and the wages some of them are stealing - and I give you Anthony fucking Martial as a classic example , and Mr Pogba , and several others.

Personally I disagree - the leagues could at least try and attempt to put some sort of spending cap in place in the leagues, that was weighted proportionality between the league tiering.

I thought the CAS case was the messiest saga we'd ever face, this might just top it. When the dust settles and the ESL disbands officially, we could be facing sanctions along with the 12 that signed up. Would you agree this could be likely?

Points deduction from league
Suspended season from CL

Now for the more difficult conversation - should someone be held to account in our club - I assume Khaldoon is the man that will be in the firing line. Should he step aside?
None of the above.

I keep hearing and reading from many quarters that the "Big 6" should be punished: docked points, bans, fines etc..

Where was the punishment when Everton, Liverpool , Arsenal, Spurs and Rags signed a deal with Greg Dyke and ITV to form a Super League in the 80's?

Where was the punishment when 22 clubs told the Football League to "Do One" and create the Premier League?

What about the G14 clubs with their yearly threat with UEFA?
All this talk of punishment by sky and co. is because we're top of the league, 100% convinced that's the only reason. If I go down you go down with me bollocks mentally. Feck em

If they want to make it fairer they should ban all the 12 clubs from signing any new players for a season. That’s more significant than a points deduction and will help the other clubs strengthen.

Immediate 10 point deduction for all clubs involved.

Soriano's head on a stick and a valid explanation and apology from the club chairman.
Why punish the players efforts for the actions of the board?

Punish the board with a fine.

No fines, no points deductions, nothing whatsoever. Fortunately nothing of that nature would stand up in court because, at least in western Europe, it isn't wrongdoing to say you're going to do something and then not do it. And even the wise men of UEFA, at least those who don't work for Manchester United, can see the UEFA has flirted with disaster and a spirit of revenge won't help. UEFA will have to re-establish itself by sensible governance, not repeated trips to CAS.

I am amused by the strong moral tone taken by some infrequent visitors on here. They clasp their puritanical hands as they intone that part of the litany that tells us that money is the root of this problem. And greed. Tell that to the Sheikh, who rescued the club from impending administration, invested handsomely to breath new life into it and has made us into one of the world's biggest clubs, with money playing a sizeable part in the transformation. On the other hand, even the most cursory scan of the list of other ESL clubs confirms that these are indeed the biggest clubs in football - if we mean the clubs with the biggest debts in the game. To that extent it was all about money. And so today we see Barca and Real clinging on desperately in the hope "something will turn up". The reds in England are stuffed and discredited, along with Spurs and Agnelli has led his merry men to disaster. City, perhaps embarrassed but still unscathed can afford a cheery smile today, knowing it is a wonderful day and everything is going our way.

But the big cigar goes to the poster who wants Khaldoon to make a video similar to that nice Mr Henry. Khaldoon would never dream of treating our fans to a performance at all like that mendacious, insincere, platitudinous drip treated that coach busting scum to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.