Report that Guardiola plans to sell Silva [according to Twitter ITK]

Guardiola got rid of Ronaldinho when he took over at Barca, so I guess anything is possible.

He got rid of goofy because his derby started hanging over his shorts, in Peps book another way of winning it says he used to turn up half pissed from the night before and on occasions was found asleep at the training complex. I'm sorry but it's a fucking load of bollocks that he will leave.

His so called dip in form is down to the players around him, he's become the go too man on to many occasions this season, coupled with his ankle injury that isn't clearing up.

Under Pep I can see him playing the Yaya position behind Kev at number 10 , he's got plenty left in the tank has David- Pep will see to that.

6 months ago it would have been unimaginable, but lately this seems totally plausible.

Pellegrini is playing him out of position down the left and the right and not giving him any clue of what he wants him to do as part of the strategy ... basically because there isn't one.

Take a group of very talented individuals and send them out on to the pitch without a plan and what you have is the Manchester City we've been watching for the last 3 months.

Would hope Pep gives him at least one season.

People keep saying he doesn't fit Peps pressing style when none of Robben, Muller, Lewandowski or Ribery press in Peps current team..Silva has made more tackles than them all combined.

Today was the hardest both Yaya and Silva worked, yet they couldn't match the intensity of the younger fitter Spurs midfield.
You, Dax, Sean and BS. The BS gang.
Damn! Ive been labelled a BS gang member. By the guy who has been wrong on every issue.

Strange that.

Thought Silva was much better today. And the at the death we saw his only weakness: goals. That separates him from being a truly great player.

I don't get the criticism about his workrate. He's a very physically committed brave player. One of my favourite ever City players. Rarely does he have a bad game. He has games where he plays below is best, but that's not bad!

He and a good back 4 didn't deserve to be on the losing side today

Silva is now where Toure was this time last season.

Drifting towards being 'past it'.

He wasn't himself prior to his injury and he's been a shadow of his former self since.

Sentiment can't play any part in us moving forward.

Given that I very much doubt he'll be in our first 11 next season.

Pellegrini is playing him out of position down the left and the right and not giving him any clue of what he wants him to do as part of the strategy ... basically because there isn't one.

Take a group of very talented individuals and send them out on to the pitch without a plan and what you have is the Manchester City we've been watching for the last 3 months.

bravo

Not sure about this. I don't necessarily think Silva is untouchable by any means but when you consider there are question marks over the likes of Yaya, Nasri, Navas, Zabba, Kolarov, Mangala, Fernando and Bony, we can't sell and replace them all in one window and surely Silva should be last on this list.

Silva is now where Toure was this time last season.

Drifting towards being 'past it'.

He wasn't himself prior to his injury and he's been a shadow of his former self since.

Sentiment can't play any part in us moving forward.

Given that I very much doubt he'll be in our first 11 next season.
I keep hearing this about not having sentiment and other similar statements.
Keeping Silva isn't sentiment, it's keeping one of the best players in his position in Europe.
I imagine he'll very much be a part of our first 11.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.