Report that Guardiola plans to sell Silva [according to Twitter ITK]

It's probably about as reliable as the story doing the rounds today that bm are considering sacking PG because his mind is on City.

Just don't see that, I get the argument that he's not the energetic pressing type, but his Barca team was built around Xavi and Iniesta in midfield and I can't think of a player fitting into that mould better than Silva.

True or not true there is a time when you have to look towards the future, Yaya has had one season too many, Silva is a difficult one to call to be writing off as it looks like he's been carrying an injury.

You can't stand still in football things have been going stale for the last couple of seasons, some players don't get dropped no matter how they have played previously. Players not putting a shift in wont happen under Pep. If it is true I'd trust his judgment, Ronaldhino got bombed out at Barca and that didn't turn out too badly for them.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/e...-a-week-manchester-city-attacker-david-silva/

I will be disgusted if this happens.

Surely the Spanish player who played the Barcelona style football with Spain in 2010 and 2012 is one Pep would keep.

Him and Aguero are the greatest players we have ever had.
I wouldn't take any of this seriously until Pep joins . No doubt he has his own thoughts o the squad he will inherit, but his main focus will be Bayern. Can't see him discussing City players with anything other than a tiny group of people and I think he'd probably wait until he starts working with the players before making decisions like that.

Well I for one am extremely dissapointed in Pep speaking to these football insider people. It was only last week he said he wouldn't talk about City until he had finished in Munich and now he's telling this reputable source his plans. I say we should knee jerk on this and cancel his contract before he gets here; we may just dodge a bullet on this one.

Bit of a bandwagon rolling on this.
The serpentine Mark Ogden suggesting same on Sunday Supplement.
Whether this happens or not if we want Pep as coach then we have to realise that he will make changes and it won't always be the ones we want or expect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.