Request from Everton programme

Ric

Administrator
Good afternoon all,

I run a feature in the Everton matchday magazine where I ask an opposing fan to answer a few simple questions about their club - and I'm pleading for your help!

The questions for the feature are below. The more people who answer the better but unfortunately we'll only be able to select one.

I will then email the person for an image and their mugshot and answers will appear in the programme.

Thanks in advance for your help. And best of luck for the remainder of the season!

Name:
Number of years supporting Manchester City:

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far?

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon?

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini?

Who has been the star player so far this season?

Which summer signing has settled in best?

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season?

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around?

What are your thoughts on Everton?

Who is the Everton player you fear most?

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City?

If you just leave your responses to the questions on this thread, then they'll pick one.

Cheers

Name: Felix Good
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 19 ... i had no choice

So far so good, maybe a few draws should have been wins, but a top 4 finish looks acheivable.

Mancini's impressive start supports the boards decision to part company with Hughes, however the way Hughes was sacked was harsh to say the least.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini:

Smart, Intelligent, Sexy. Has the potential to replicate Mourinho's success in England.

Craig Bellamy has been increible

Currently Tevez as he is in the form of his life, however all have played well to be honest.

Robinho. What with the speculation of him leaving and the £32 million price tag he has round his neck, a lot of fans expect more. It's up to him to prove the doubters wrong.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around?

It should be a great game, hopefully with an electric atmopshere. Last season although a great result, it seemed quite a flat game (especially after we had just been knocked out of the UEFA cup), this season both sides have everything to play for.

Top away day and a loyal set of fans that will turn up whatever. Many see Everton as similar to City, with regards to having a more local fan base than their rivals.

Tim Cahill. Even when he played for Milwall he always seemed to play well against us.

The fact that we never have a clue whats going to happen next

Ric said:
Good afternoon all,

I run a feature in the Everton matchday magazine where I ask an opposing fan to answer a few simple questions about their club - and I'm pleading for your help!

The questions for the feature are below. The more people who answer the better but unfortunately we'll only be able to select one.

I will then email the person for an image and their mugshot and answers will appear in the programme.

Thanks in advance for your help. And best of luck for the remainder of the season!

Name: Not my fault!
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 26

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? Good, fith in the league with a game in hand, semi of the cup.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? The fans are split but I felt it was time to go, he didnt seem able to change a game when needed.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? More organised, very animated on the sidelines and able to change a game like a good manager should! Plus he has the scarf down to a T.

Who has been the star player so far this season? De Jong for me, been solid in most games.

Which summer signing has settled in best? Dont know about Summer signing but I would say Bellemy or De Jong have settled in the best since signing for us.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Without a doubt Robinho

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? Nothing but a City win

What are your thoughts on Everton? Not having a good season are you.... Expected more from you but not totally suprised to be honest.

Who is the Everton player you fear most? If I'm honest... No one I fear in your squad.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? Ha, the best I would say is also the worst. You never know whats round the corner and nothing shocks you with our club. It's a rollercoaster.

There you go thats how I would respond ;0)

Name: Benjamin Lee
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 14

I think we've had a pretty good season so far. We have a Carling Cup semi-final to look forward to, we're in the top 6 and very close to the top 4 with a game in hand, only 2 defeats, fantastic home wins over Chelsea and Arsenal, I think we've had a good start.

I thought he would be given till the end of the season, though I think it was the right decision. He was a good manager but the job ultimately had too much expectation attached to it. He'll do well at another club. The manner in which he was sacked was slightly dissappointing but it's all in the past and we have to move on.

I think he's a very good manager. He has a proven track record in Serie A and I think he can do well here. He's certainly started well and I think under him we can look forward to finally achieving some success.

That's a really tricky question. For me it boils down to 3 players. Craig Bellamy, Shay Given and Carlos Tevez. All have done exceptionally well this season and have earnt us a lot of points. I honestly couldn't choose one out of those 3, Nigel De Jong has also been very impressive.

Definately Tevez. He had a lot of expectation and hype surrounding him, it took him a while to settle but now he is delivering game after game and hopefully he can keep it up and prove that he can be an out and out goalscorer as well as a hard working frontman.

Robinho, for sure. He said in a recent interview he wants to stay, so now he should knuckle down and prove it. He hasn't played well, but so have a few others, Steven Ireland, Joleon Lescott and Micah Richards have all had dissappointing campaigns for the large part of this season, but Robinho has been very lacklustre, he had a bad injury in the autumn but he needs to bounce back and prove to everyone why he is a world class talent, because on his day he is.

It will be a tight affair. Everton are a strong side and although you are suffering from a few key injuries you're hard to beat. We're looking to continue our good run of form but it will definately be a good game, I think 2-1 to City.

Everton are a very good side with some very talented players. Injuries to Jagielka and Arteta have hampered your season but the likes of Pienaar, Howard and Cahill are all good players who can pose a threat to any team. Your league position is an underachievement, and if you can get a fit squad together you should be challenging the top 8 and trying to build back up to the Top 6 again next season. Everton have a fantastic manager in David Moyes, a good academy and a loyal set of fans, so they shouldn't be underestimated at all, especially at Goodison Park.

Tim Cahill. He seems to pop up and score goals time and time again and he has a decent record against us. Yakubu, Saha and Pienaar are all dangermen as well but we're a good side ourselves so I'm hoping I don't have to fear any opposition too much anymore.

Everything really. We're one of the most loyal, proudest, loudest bunch of fans on the planet and I've heard some of the most imaginative songs come from Maine Road and COMS. We've had highs, the lowest of lows(I still have a matchday programme from when Tim Cahill played against us for Millwall!) but we've stuck by our club, and now with the new owners and manager success could return to Manchester for the first time in over 3 decades.

felixbg said:
Name: Felix Good
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 19 ... i had no choice

So far so good, maybe a few draws should have been wins, but a top 4 finish looks acheivable.

Mancini's impressive start supports the boards decision to part company with Hughes, however the way Hughes was sacked was harsh to say the least.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini:

Smart, Intelligent, Sexy. Has the potential to replicate Mourinho's success in England.

Craig Bellamy has been increible

Currently Tevez as he is in the form of his life, however all have played well to be honest.

Robinho. What with the speculation of him leaving and the £32 million price tag he has round his neck, a lot of fans expect more. It's up to him to prove the doubters wrong.

It should be a great game, hopefully with an electric atmopshere. Last season although a great result, it seemed quite a flat game (especially after we had just been knocked out of the UEFA cup), this season both sides have everything to play for.

Top away day and a loyal set of fans that will turn up whatever. Many see Everton as similar to City, with regards to having a more local fan base than their rivals.

Tim Cahill. Even when he played for Milwall he always seemed to play well against us.

The fact that we never have a clue whats going to happen next
Well theirs no bloody point of me doing one now he's done that one, he even took the best last line on offer in all. Gonna go sulk now. :-(

Ric said:
Good afternoon all,

Name: Tim Tighe
Number of years supporting Manchester City: Since i could walk and talk!

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? Going well, expected top 6 and not disappointed so far.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? Personally i think so, I want consistancy at the club, and feel removing managers who wasnt doing a bad job is a case of one step forward, one step back.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? Good, he makes tactical changes swiftly and good substitutions, but dont expect him here at end of the season!

Who has been the star player so far this season? Craig Bellamy

Which summer signing has settled in best? Carlos Tevez

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Jolean Lescott!

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? 1-1 draw Cahill & Tevez

What are your thoughts on Everton? Excellent manager Good loyal local support, quality players in Cahill, Jagielka and Arteta

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Cahill

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? Only football team to come from Manchester!

Name: Jim Whitworth
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 54

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? I would be quite impressed with a minor improvement, but we have had much better than that. Beating Chelsea and Arsenal twice, and only losing out at Old Trafford to some jiggery-pokery have marked the season out as being one in which we could achieve a substantial amount.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? Wasn't impressed with the appointment in the first place, didn't want him to be sacked, and it was a little premature considering the number of games played this season, but if the Owners have insufficient faith in the manager then his departure was inevitable.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? I take my first impressions of Roberto from my son, one of your Gwladiators - yes, I raised an Evertonian - he said about Mancini, "It's hard not to like him!" and couple that to his record I think we have a fine man and a fine manager.

Who has been the star player so far this season? Starting at the back, Shay Given has saved us a few points without a doubt and has impressed, Nigel de Jong seems to be improving with each match, and Carlos Tevez has found a goal-scoring touch, but my star-man is Craig Bellamy.

Which summer signing has settled in best? Gareth Barry seemed to walk into the side and look as though he had been a first-pick for a few seasons!

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Without a doubt it has to be Robinho. We can never tell where his heart lies, but after his injury, City fans are waiting for the form he showed during the home matches in the first part of last season.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? We still suffer, despite the money and squad from the seasons-old notion of being the proverbial Aunt Sally for anyone who wants a pot-shot. We are definitely reaching a point where we are harder to beat, and I would hope that we reach the level of hard-to-beat which Everton reached in their recent Champions League season.

What are your thoughts on Everton? As I am outnumbered at home by Everton fans, and in constant texting touch with my Evertonian season-ticket holding son, I have been aware of the injury crisis for some time and the effect it has had on your season, something about which a few commentators seem oblivious. Not to have the presence of a player like Arteta on the pitch is a major body blow, but I have a long associated history with the Toffees and I would like to have seen some of the battling qualities which David Moyes has instilled into your team as part of the City repertoire. Not only have I got an Everton season-ticket holder for a son, I even painted an enormous Everton crest on his bedroom wall!

Who is the Everton player you fear most? All of them. I could have a nightmare where Tony Hibbert volleys one in from thirty yards, but the one we have always had to watch was Tim Cahill. I sat in my usual seat last season at CoMS, having smuggled in renegade son in the seat next to me and when you got the corner, I said "Watch Cahill!" The rest of the match was spent watching my son trying to stifle an almighty cheer.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? Stuart Hall was asked once, among other questions, "Which is the smiliest club?" He said, "Oh, it has to be Manchester City. They come with their bananas fastened to their lapels, only for their hopes and dreams to be dashed!" MCFC still make me smile!

Name:
Robert Allen
Number of years supporting Manchester City:

Started off well but performances were being hidden by results

Possibly but we have looked stronger at the back despite Injuries and international call ups

Seems good as I said before defence seem to know their roles better and his humour has been spot on like when he said post Wolves about him and Bellamy "not being friends"

Bellamy or the now fully fit Tevez

Carlos Tevez we are seeing exactly why United fans wanted him to stay in Trafford and not move into the fair City of Manchester

Lescott...He took his time to settle was beginning to look the part then got injured.

Will be a close game I think one goal either way will decide it

Having a strange season given lack of funds probably will struggle until all the injuries clear up

Cahill always seems to find a goal against us

The unknown you can never tell one season to the next what is gonna happen City fans are a hardy bunch we have put up with things that would put others off but we still turned up in our thousands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.