Request from Everton programme

Name: Bazza

Number of years supporting Manchester City: 40

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far?
Very promising so far ..... without all those draws who knows what league position we'd occupy now.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon?
Well i had my doubts that he was given enough time , but he appeared to have run out of ideas ....... so maybe a change was the best for all concerned.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini?
Impressed so far ...... doesn't like to lose , doesn't like to concede goals ..... we appear better organised under him , and things look good.

Who has been the star player so far this season?
Probably between Bellamy and Tevez.

Which summer signing has settled in best?
I'd say it between the two players named above , and De Jong ...... but i'll go for Bellamy overall.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season?
For my money SWP ...... he's got to get back to form for his international chances to improve ....... same goes for Micah Richards too.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around?
Well we've drawn five out of ten away , and you've drawn five out of ten at home ...... so another draw looks the best bet.

What are your thoughts on Everton?
You played really well at Arsenal last week , and appear fast on the break , with some quality players in your ranks ..... so i think we're in for a tough game this time around.

Who is the Everton player you fear most?
Cahill or Pienaar are both quality ...... and Fellaini is an awkward customer to handle.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City?
The unpredicatability of things , as always ....... results , or news-wise , you never quite know what you're going to get with this club ..... we are making strides towards better consistency , but we're not quite there yet!

Joleon Lescott ?
Well he was just showing a bit of form when injury struck , so it's hard to really assess him just yet ......... but he's settling in here , and i'm sure will improve as time goes by ...... but admittedly he had a rough time when he first signed as the team were conceding more goals than they really should have been doing.

Name: Bluetonium
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 27

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? Overall, it's progress. With a bit more it could be momentous - the results show that too, if we'd held onto the lead in certain games. Hopefully Mancini will bring that missing ingredient.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? I was worried at the time that it was a sign of an indecisive and inexperienced heirachy at the club. It's unfair and irresponsible to not give a manager the time to stamp his mark on a team. But there are exceptional circumstances here - we want an awful lot by yesterday, and Hughes was not the Sheikh's man after all. Any disappointment I had in Hughes going has been swept away with Mancini though, and also the media circus over-egging his departure I think helped to keep fans feet on the ground.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? Top notch. He's got the team organised and confident. He's not had a real challenge yet - Everton away will be that challenge - but all the signs are very good. He looks to be very competent, passionate and a winner.

Who has been the star player so far this season? Given has been great in net, De Jong is a beast in the middle, and Tevez has been on fire up front. Hard to choose one stand out player really, I think Barry has the most effect on the team with his ability to control a game, but Tevez probably has to get it because he is really in form.

Which summer signing has settled in best? Again, Tevez I think. Not that he had to move far

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? With Mancini reportedly after a new left back, Bridge will have a lot to live up to when he returns from injury. Robinho is another than many are questioning, but for me the lad has talent through and through and he'll come good again. But with the defence supposedly depleted yet letting in just one goal in 4 games, I think it's Toure and Lescott who have the most to prove, and with that drawn out transfer saga adding $$$ to the fee, it's Joleon who should be the most worried. He didn't settle in well and now has a new guy to impress, one who wouldn't break the bank to sign him or guarantee him a starting place.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? I'd be happy with a draw, but I feel that we can win it. That said, you are just coming into for too so it really could go either way. I'll say 2-2

What are your thoughts on Everton? Always seem to have one poor half season and one decent half of a season. Usually Moyes blames Europe and the lack of depth in the squad. I was surprised at how easily you were bowled over in certain games earlier this season and that resilience of recent years seems to have gone, but recently you've picked things up a bit for your traditional good part of the season.

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Cahill. I know Arteta and Pineaar have more talent on the ball, but Cahill always seems to score against us.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? The journey and the memories, and the promise of better times to come. The fact that we will always be here no matter what the result. We've endured the bad times, roll on the good times!

What were your thoughts regarding the transfer of Joleon Lescott? He's got an awful lot to prove at City, and now to a manager who can either help him or discard him. The transfer itself was a drawn out joke, and I think that the realisation that City were gunning for top 4 certainly added venom to Everton's resistance to our advances. But you got a great deal so it suited everyone really. Now, he has to see it as a fresh start. Mancini seems to know one or two defensive tricks, so hopefully Lescott will push on from there.

Wheelsy said:
Cahill was good against the Arse mate, what are you on about.

He did ok against Arsenal but it was a very rare good performance, with the goals seemingly drying up you begin to notice how little he contributes when he isn't scoring, much like Yakubu. Another player which there is no point in starting without Arteta.

Name: Chris
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 26!

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? So far so good! It seemed to be slipping away from us at the end of Hughes' tenure but we seem to have picked up again. Fantastic displays against Arsenal, Chelsea and United have showed what we can do, it has been frustrating at time, especially the draws!

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? I felt it was a bit too soon, i wanted some stability and felt he could do it given time

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? Very impressed with him thus far, speaks a bit of English and clearly demands the best from his players as shown by the annoyance at conceding against Blackburn. Sorted out our defence and brought some players in out of the cold

Who has been the star player so far this season? For me it has to be Craigt Bellamy. A lot of City fans, myself included, felt that we overpaid for an injury prone journey man. How he has shoved that down our throats! He has been committed, hard working and lethal! So, sorry Craig!

Which summer signing has settled in best? Have to say Tevez, looked a bit iffy initially but really seems to be entering his stride now, looks a fantastic player! Honourable shout to Gareth Barry too, a real classy player

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Any one of Robinho, Lescott or Toure. Lots of money, big reputations but not a lot of results yet!

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? I think it will be a tough game, it always is at Everton. Im hoping we can nick it 1-0. It will be tight and the atmosphere is always good at Goodison

What are your thoughts on Everton? A good team that often fall foul to injuries! Great set of fans who I reckon are quite similar to us lot

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Normally its Arteta, he is a fantastic player, but given he may still be injured i reckon it must be Cahill or Saha, both capable of moments of brilliance that can win games

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? The constant roller coaster of emotions, its never dull!

Name: Lee

Number of years supporting Manchester City: 17

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? Veryy good, just look at where we are in the league says it all.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? Am happy about it didnt want him to be our manager in the first place if am being honest.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? Very cool guy who will take us far

Who has been the star player so far this season? Tevez obviously

Which summer signing has settled in best? Tevez

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Lescott & Robinho

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? We will win easy , say 3-0 or 3-1 if your lucky

What are your thoughts on Everton? Dont know really, poor start this season.

Who is the Everton player you fear most? No one.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? Only team actually IN Manchester & in my lifetime ill see city win a trophy

Name: Paul

Number of years supporting Manchester City: 20

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? Very good, we have drawn a couple which we could have won but if someone had offered this position in August I would have took it.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? Not happy with either the decision or the way it was handled. At the end of the day the players that we are praising are mostly here thanks to Hughes. Not impressed with Gary Cooke but at the end of the day its CTID for me. On we go.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? So far so good. I have a good feeling about him but harder tests are yet to come. Hope he is given a fair crack of the wip as I think he COULD be the man.

Who has been the star player so far this season? Craig Bellamy, just ahead of Nigel De jong and Shay Given.

Which summer signing has settled in best? Carlos Tevez - A city legend in the making.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Robinho, Adebayor, Toure & Bridge.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? Tough game, Everton are getting players back but I think we could edge it, 2-1 city.

What are your thoughts on Everton? Very good young manager, talented squad and when all fit a top 7 side.

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Cahill.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? The fact that everyone who has mocked me for supporting city over the years is mocking no more!.

Name: David Newton
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 54

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far?
So far so good apart from annoying draws from winning positions Have this nagging feeling it wont be sustained but that comes with supporting City for all these years
What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon?
Never wanted him in the first place Glad he went should have been at the end of last season It was obvious he wasn't the man for the job as we were languishing in the relegation zone a year last Christmas and it as obvious that certain players didn't buy into his philosophy
What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini?
A cool customer who has finally got our defence sorted out Augers well for the future
Who has been the star player so far this season?
Bellamy has been a revelation with his non stop effort
Which summer signing has settled in best?
Tevez by a mile
Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season?
Robhino although has been hampered by injury
You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around?
Not sure as it is hardest game we face under our new regime Will be happy with a point
What are your thoughts on Everton?
I have a soft spot for Everton They play in blue for one Always enjoyed my trips to Goodison Park Always thought we had a lot in common both having red neighbours whose support was from all over not local like ours
Who is the Everton player you fear most?
Tim Cahill as he always seems to score against us but Peinaar has impressed me this season
What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City?
Supporting City must be akin to being a heroin addict lots of lows interspersed with fantastic highs yet unable to give it up even in the darkest times
MY thoughts on Jolean Lescott
Think we paid over the odds Was beginning to play better when he got injured Transfer handled badly on both sides Lot of unnecessary comment on both sides

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.