Request from Everton programme

Name: Kiran Dusara
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 19 Years actually going to games regularly

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? I think we're doing very well pushing the top 4.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? I thought it would happen sometime buit not this early, seems to have worked out ok for us though.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? Cool customer, he's confident and knows what he wants out of his players.

Who has been the star player so far this season? Would have to say Shay Given, closely followed by De Jong and Bellamy.

Which summer signing has settled in best? Tevez seems right at home and so does Barry.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Santa Cruz if he gets another chance, would like see Robinho play more regular as well.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? I think it will be hard for us, we won at Goodison last season because Everton were absolutely knackered and it was obvious to see. Although I think we actually have the quality to go to Goodison and put on a real show so I can see a City win.

What are your thoughts on Everton? Don't mind Everton on the whole, they're fans are very loud and will appeal for anything even if they know there's no chance of getting anything out of it.

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Either Pienaar or Saha, they are both good players who can hurt anyone on their day.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? I've been supporting City for ages now, nothing beats supporting my team. Build up to the games, frantically searching for news on sky sports or anything really. Nothing beats the live atmosphere of a City game.

Good afternoon all,

I run a feature in the Everton matchday magazine where I ask an opposing fan to answer a few simple questions about their club - and I'm pleading for your help!

The questions for the feature are below. The more people who answer the better but unfortunately we'll only be able to select one.

I will then email the person for an image and their mugshot and answers will appear in the programme.

Thanks in advance for your help. And best of luck for the remainder of the season!

Name: Colin Savage
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 40+

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far?
Looking good overall. Carling Cup semi-final and a game in hand off 4th place. The only downer is that if we'd even won 2 of the 3 games we drew at home and were comfortably winning then we'd be up in 4th and well in the mix for the top spot.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon?
Initially I thought it was but I suspect there's more to it than we've been told.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini?
I wasn't keen when I heard the news but he seems to have done what Hughes failed to do and sort out the defence, while leaving us the ability to go forward to devastating effect.

Who has been the star player so far this season?
Craig Bellamy. Who'd have thought it?

Which summer signing has settled in best?
Carlos Tevez.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season?
Tempted to say Joleon Lescott but wouldn't give you the satisfaction! Has to be Robinho; he has phenomenal talent (as you witnessed last season) but needs to produce it consistently?

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around?
Last season showed us at our best after an inconsistent season. We're actually better now than we were then so would expect much the same.

What are your thoughts on Everton?
A proper football club. Always feel we have a lot in common, living in the shadow of red neighbours supported by a load of plastic glory-hunters. Hopefully that's ending for us but surprised to see you're not doing better than you are this season as I had you down to finish above us originally. Come on - you have to finish above Liverpool! Also got a lot of Toffee mates so always enjoy the social side of our games.

Who is the Everton player you fear most?
Tim Cahill. Always seems to score against us.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City?
Where do I start? At the moment it's the thrill of being one of the most high-profile clubs in the world after years as the "Comedy Club". But the main thing is we're fans who have never lost our sense of humour, even when we've been on our uppers.

Ric said:
Good afternoon all,

I run a feature in the Everton matchday magazine where I ask an opposing fan to answer a few simple questions about their club - and I'm pleading for your help!

The questions for the feature are below. The more people who answer the better but unfortunately we'll only be able to select one.

I will then email the person for an image and their mugshot and answers will appear in the programme.

Thanks in advance for your help. And best of luck for the remainder of the season!

Name: Rob Jones
Number of years supporting Manchester City: Since the takeover last season ;-)

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? Peaks followed by a trough followed by another peak

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? A year too late

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? Over the Bluemoon when he arrived, and absolutely delighted so far with his style of play

Who has been the star player so far this season? Tevez. Started slowly but he's showing what a player he is

Which summer signing has settled in best? Tevez and Barry

There are three.Tevez, Barry and Adebayor. Tevez because he left the Champions and the others have to prove they didn't leave just for the money

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? We have to be in with a very good chance of winning. Your squad's literally on its arse and we've shut up shop at the back

What are your thoughts on Everton? Good, loyal supporters, but skint. Similar to ourselves a couple of seasons ago

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Saha. Always rated him, he's just injury prone

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? Never a dull moment and you can't take anything for granted

Name: Lee
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 17

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? amazingly good

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? am happy about it, no it was done at the right time.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? this is a man who will guide us into top 4 and attract top class players.

Who has been the star player so far this season? tevez & bellamy

Which summer signing has settled in best? tevez

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? robinho ,lescott & santa cruz

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? 3-0 to city

What are your thoughts on Everton? they are struggling i wouldnt be surprised if they finished in the bottom half of the table

Who is the Everton player you fear most? none if am being honest

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? they are the only team to come from manchester

Name: Daniel Connor
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 21!!

Very good season so far, we are bang on our targets set before the season started and we all know things are only going to get better aswell

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon?
Disgraceful the way it happened and didn't/dont agree with it at all. But thats all in the past now whats happened has happened lets move on and get right behind bobby man
What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini?

Nigel De Jong by a mile...mops everything up and would run through a brick wall to win the ball!

Gareth Barry...snip at 12 million

I would say after a great first few games for us Adebayor...he has gone right off the boil and although im sure he is, he just doesnt seem interested or seem to be trying half the time

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around?
I hope we produce a similar performance to last season and just let the difference in class shine through. Everton are never easy to play against but if were on form we will beat them

Good, well organized team who before this season have been very difficult to beat. This season has been nowhere near as good as previous years, whether that be down to injuries or the fact they have over-achieved in previous years and are finally getting sussed out i dont know

Arteta...but he is out!! apart from that im not really overly worried about anyone you have got
The fact you can always predict the unpredictable. The fact that this club has its loyal, passionate fanbase...which is something that can never be bought.

Ric said:
Good afternoon all,

Name: adam worrall
Number of years supporting Manchester City:
good. Started excellent had a blip but its been very steady, happy with progress being made!What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon?
We all thought so in the car back from the sunderland game, we couldnt believe it. But it happened and you have got to carry on supporting the clubWhat are your first impressions of Robert Mancini?
At first i wasnt so sur but 3 games 3 wins 3 clean sheets cant argue. To be honest i do like the way he conducts himself throughout the press conferences he looks a confident and clever guy, i think all us blues will take to him.
bellamy and de jong. Bellamy runs his socks off every game and has been a great goal threat and de jong justg loves to tackle, he is able to break things up and let us play. He nailed two scousers in one tackle at anfield, one was subbed(injured) and the other carried on....limping!Which summer signing has settled in best?
barry... i think he has been very solid this season, he came straight and started to make players play football, a good signing.
Robinho.. just for all the pressure that he is being put under. I personally love him and scoring 15 goals in your first year in english football is a great achievement but becuse he has not recaptured that form i think he has a point to prove...maybe today!!!You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around?
i think we will win 2-1 or 2-0 i think we look more solid now and always look like scoring at the other end.What are your thoughts on Everton?
Usually a well organized team who are hard to beat, especially at goodison. I think injuries have affected the team this year but its always a hard fought game.
cahill, he always looks dangerous when on the attack, especially at corners, hope he stays as quite as he has been this season though.
The fans. Whenever i go watching games away and at home, the city fans always take a full allocation and sing loud and proud, but more that the humour amongst the fans is great and some of the songs being sung are genius! Oh yean and being the only football team to come from manchester!!!

Name: Mike Highland
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 27

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? some excellent performances, and some poor ones, so as usual a little inconsistent, however pleased that overall we are progressing, grinding out results of sorts when not playing well, and in a major cup semi final.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? was always slightly on the fence with hughes, sometimes id think it would be best, othertimes after a woeful display both by the players and tactically from the bench i would have gladly driven him away from the ground.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? quite impressed, seems to have a very good football knowledge, his tactics seem spot on and he is not afraid to change his game plan if its not working, something which is refreshing after the previous managers insistance to leave it untill the 85th min to try something new, early days yet for Manchini but signs are looking good.

Who has been the star player so far this season? Carlos tevez has been brilliant since he got fully match fit, is there no stopping this man when he's fully match fit and happy!

Which summer signing has settled in best? Again would have to say Carlos, some of the others have been a little inconsistent, though Gareth Barry was a close second for me.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Robinho with out doubt, fair enough he was injured for a few months but for a £30 million pound player he has given no where near enough so far when he has played.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? coming to everton is never easy, though i think that we are much stronger than last year so ill go for a 2-0 win for vity

What are your thoughts on Everton? everton are a good side with a strong manager, not had tghe best of luck so far this season but i dont expect that to last long, and by end of the season i fully expect them to be pushing for a europa leagu place.

Tim Cahill, always a handfull and a danger no matter who he's playing against,, and always seems to score against city

its like being part of one big family, sometimes happy, some times not, but throughout all the highs and the lows (and lowers) over the years, we have always stuck together and always backed our team and retained our sence of humour no matter what.

Ric said:
Good afternoon all,

Name: Charlie Bridge
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 38 years, born blue went to my first game aged 3 and been going ever since

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? up and down, we've never really controlled the tempo of games until Robbie Manc took over.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? I wasn't a Hughes outer and thought he was doing ok two months ago but he seemed to run out of ideas and his inability to change it when it obviously wasn't right drove me mad. So the answer is No.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? Very good, I know we've only played Stoke, Wolves and 'Boro but I've been impressed with his tactical changes during the game and good substitutions.

Who has been the star player so far this season? For me it has to be De Jong and Bellamy equally followed by Given with the performances of Tevez and SWP improving a great deal of late after a slow start by both.

Which summer signing has settled in best? I'd have to say Tevez, Adebayor started brilliantly but faded to say the least. Barry's been up and down but generally decent and Lescott was excellent in his last five games before getting injured.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Adebayor, a bit of an enigma.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? Hopefully we will win but its not a easy place to play, usually a good partizan crowd make it difficult especially as now most Everton fans seem to hate us after the Lescott signing (which to be honest I don't blame them). I'll go for 1-1.

What are your thoughts on Everton? If you mean your team and your performances this season it seems that Moyes is again getting good performances out of some average players, you seem to have a good 'backs to the wall' mentality and you need a couple of players (especially a decent striker), you should be pushing for a European spot by May. If you mean generally, I've always thought of Everton to be the proper Merseyside club, a bit like us being the real Manc club with both of us struggling to get out of the shadow of our neighbours, (nationally that is! not in our own city's).

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Tim Cahill, no doubt. A excellent player and a great servant to Everton.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? Ha, ha let me think......could say a few things about what isn't the best thing, but it has to be the humour and togetherness of our fans during some very low times! oh yeah and the blind optimism of the last twenty years or so. Mind you, I think 90% of footy fans live life consumed with blind optimism for their beloved club.

Name: Tom Heenan.
Number of years supporting Manchester City: As long as I can remember.

What do you make of Manchester City's season so far? I’m happy, well on target for where we want to be.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon? It was disappointing as he was progressing nearly every game and the majority of supporters thought he was doing a decent job, it was a bit soon but we have to move on now and get behind Mancini.

What are your first impressions of Robert Mancini? The coolest manager in the Prem! Started off brilliantly so far, can’t complain.

Who has been the star player so far this season? Bellamy has been player of the season by a country mile and should even be considered for Prem player of the season. Shay has also been immense as has De Jong, Tevez and SWP.

Which summer signing has settled in best? Tevez has made the biggest impact and has been brilliant. Barry has also been very good and the unsung hero.

Which Manchester City player has the most to prove over the rest of the season? Robinho has done next to nothing and just seems to be taking the Mick out of us all at the moment. He could learn a thing or two from Bellamy.

You won here towards the end of last season. How do you think the game will go this time around? It won’t be easy, probably a draw.

What are your thoughts on Everton? Good team having a shaky season (although the injuries haven’t helped), Moyes has done a great job too, proving stability does work. Also think you are very similar to us in that the majority of Mancunians support City, and the majority of Scousers support Everton.

Who is the Everton player you fear most? Cahill always seems to bag against us so I would have to say him.

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City? The humour we have, especially when we mess things up. The loyalty we show – filling the stadium in the third tier of football. The rollercoaster rides we’ve had, the unpredictability and all the highs and lows. The way we’re recognised as the proper Mancunian team and aren’t considered glory hunters. So many more things too…

Name: Grant Ellison
Number of years supporting Manchester City: 21

I think it has had a bit of everything from the highs of signing all the new players to the start we made to lows of the derby defeat and then came all the draws to the december with them two great wins in 3 days against chelsea and arsenal.

What did you think about Mark Hughes' departure? Was it too soon
I didn't feel under hughes we would make top 4 which this season is the minimum target under mancini it looks more possitive.

Shay Given he's saved two penaltys and has made some outstanding saves which have saved us points Bellamy has been great too.

Carlos Tevez he never gives up and is rewarded with goals and he's a fan favourite already which is a huge achievment as an ex united player.

Robinho has spent half of the season on the sidelines but needs to prove why we spent 32 million on him and recaputure his form like against everton last season!!!

It will be a tight game as it always is at goodison park but i am positive we can take something away like alot of teams before us such as stoke and tottenham have done.

A really good football club with one of the best managers around they shouldn't be where they are in the league cause they have quality throughout their team.

Saha i hate playing against ex united players they always come back to haunt us

What's the best thing about supporting Manchester City?I
Because it's a rollercoaster ride that never stops

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.