respect the ref?

this whole 'referee' thing is taking the light of barcelona, who, with 10 men, still played thier football scoring an excelent goal. they also should have won at camp nou.

I thought there were 2penalties today, yes the ref had a poor game.

I will honestly say that I thought there was minimal contact with Anelka/Abidal, an that toure was still in position to get close to ball. So yellow card.
After seeing numerous replays from different angles, could see no contact, so yellow card wouldve been wrong as well.

Imo both handballs were penalties, hands were in an unnatural position.

Drogba missed a sitter, can understand why he is passing blame, its so easy.

Thought henry shouldve had pen in 1st leg.

Mistakes happen, they are not nice for anyone.

Video Technology wont come in. Additional refs positioned on dead ball line in penalty area, have a really good chance of happening tho.

The ref had a bad game, but it evened itself out, Chelsea should have had one penalty, but there was no way in hell Barca deserved to have a player sent off. It evens itself off, football does that most of the time.

Refs have an incredibly hard time. Some are bad, but you need to give refs respect or the game will go no where.
I do think that a TMO (television match official) should be brought in, you know in rugby the game is under so much more control then football and refs are much more respected
If there's a problem and the refs not sure, if there was a fight or something, the ref goes over to his linesman and not only do they discuss things, but we can hear them.
If there's question marks over a try they go to the TMO.

I do think a lot of the respect has to do with the fact that there is some lieniency when it comes to talking to refs. In football not even captain are allowed talk to refs, and the refs never reply.

Two examples of good reffing and more then that respect for the ref.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqmT1vjLmxU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqmT1vjLmxU</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_7HQS_Xgs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_7HQS_Xgs</a>

They are just a few examples.

If we don't learn to respect our refs, despite stupid decisions, the game will fall apart.

Having seen much of the match again, I actually think the ref wasn't THAT bad and tried to follow the book. Only really clear mistake he made was the red card. Maybe chelsea should have had a penalty for Pique's hand ball, but you gotta be sure it's deliberate to give a penalty, and I'm not really sure it was even though the hand wasn't really in a natural position.

As someone said it evened itself out, because Barca's red card really was a shocking decision but they still managed to win the fixture. Those who actually think the ref is corrupt are crazy, in stoppage time he could well have given Messi a free kick right on the edge of the box for example. Few dodgy free kicks both ways but the red card was defo the biggest mistake for me. I'd cut the ref some slack to be honest, he didn't have a good game but he doesn't deserve this onslaught.

Chelsea were caught up in the moment and the crowd was crazy, so I defo understand their reaction. Handball rule is pretty clear, and it's not a matter of who shoots the most balls on players hands, it has to be deliberate. I think the ref did cave in the end with the red card, so again it evened itself out.

dazz46 said:
second to none said:
Ref had a bad game but Ballack in particular was out of order. Clearly not a penalty, and I don't blame the ref for not wanting to give a team of divers and cheaters a pk.

you are joking if that happens on sunday your still saying it isn't a pen.

Of course I would, because its City. But any other team, it hit him in the upper arm with his back turned. That's not a handball and not a pk.

Ballack, Terry and Drogba should all get a hefty ban for their behaviour. Whining like twelve year old girls.

The best team won with 10 men. Abidal sending off was a bigger joke than any of the decisions that went against Chelsea.

Take your defeats like men.

Drogba has some cheek to complain to the ref after he spent the whole game diving, feigning injury and generally cheating. He is the single worst example of what modern day football has become.

This is a throwback to Mourinho's time in charge, he condones this sort of behaviour and it has never left this Chelsea side. Porto were the same under him and Inter Milan are no different. This is the very reason I don't want him at COMS at any stage.

The referee was visibly scared. All this bullshit about conspiracies against English teams... Bollox.

Chelsea deserved to go out. If you camp on your box it's only a matter of time before a team with the quality of Barca get one.

They hadn't the conviction to bury Barca when they were against the ropes and paid the price and I for one am delighted.

If they get banned , hopefully it will be before the FA Cup final :P

To be fair though , their actions will at least bring it to the attention of the footballing world , that something very wrong happened last night regarding the refs .

Had they said nothing , and walked off like consumate professionals , it would have simply been brushed under the carpet .

Don't blame them for reacting like they did .
It was afterall blatant disregard for the rules of the game by the ref .

second to none said:
Ref had a bad game but Ballack in particular was out of order. Clearly not a penalty, and I don't blame the ref for not wanting to give a team of divers and cheaters a pk.

How was that penalty claim not a penalty?

Take our 2 legs against Hamburg, there were 2 incidents over the 2 legs which both resulted in penalties, and both were identical to the last penalty claim last night.

Uefa have got the final they wanted, but to what lengths did Uefa go to, to make sure they got the final they wanted?

Chelsea and English football got stitched up by Uefa last night. 1 Ref and 2 assistant Ref's and none of them see 5 penalty claim's. That to me stinks of a set up!

There were two penaltys that Chelsea should have had yes, but Ballacks behaviour in particular was disgraceful. You simply cant do that to a referee no matter how shit he is. Hope UEFA come down really hard on him - we cant let this sort of stuff creep in.

Listening to 606 last night and one suggestion made was to put microphones on the refs so that everybody can hear what the players say, and the referee so he can justify his decision. As soon as a player realises that he could loose sponsership etc for constant swearing at the referee then he will stop. Shame the bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.