respect the ref?

If players are expected to respect the referee by UEFA, then UEFA must provide them with respectable referees. It is impossible to respect performances like the one we have just witnessed. One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen, alongside Portugal v Holland in the 2006 World Cup, and anything ever refereed by Stuart Atwell.

The blame lies with UEFA and FIFA for delegating the most important matches to referees who are clearly not up to standard. Obviously there are some referees in the Premiership who we love to hate, but the odd nightmare aside, I don't think any of them show such a level of ineptitude as we see on the european and international stages.

If UEFA are to fine Chelsea for failing to control their players, maybe Chelsea should be able to fine UEFA for failing to control their referee! Also, referees are given far too much protection by their employers, and should be hung out to dry in press conferences and maybe even interviewed by managers after they give controversial or SHIT decisions.

forevercity said:
well it seems the majority of us enjoyed drogba and co showing passion,and only one or two thought it was bad

probably the same ones who complain when someone sings at the football :)

Idiots mate, we accept words a lot worse in the stands and around children but as soon as a footballer says a naughty word he's give the whole role model bullshit

TatersDeep said:
chrisi said:
this should not happen in modern day football!

14ui442.jpg

its a facking disgrace!

VIDEO REPLAY NEXT YEAR PLEASE!

Why shouldnt it happen? He's sworn so what and dont give me this shit about role models i call it passion, Drogba should of had a penalty so of course he's upset.

Kids hear worse that the word "fucking"

Football and swearing go hand in hand do people react in the same way when they spit ever two seconds?

no not that mate

i am all for drogba and his passion

i am angry about the referees decision to not award the pens lol
not drog!

Kinky Dribbler said:
If players are expected to respect the referee by UEFA, then UEFA must provide them with respectable referees. It is impossible to respect performances like the one we have just witnessed. One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen, alongside Portugal v Holland in the 2006 World Cup, and anything ever refereed by Stuart Atwell.

The blame lies with UEFA and FIFA for delegating the most important matches to referees who are clearly not up to standard. Obviously there are some referees in the Premiership who we love to hate, but the odd nightmare aside, I don't think any of them show such a level of ineptitude as we see on the european and international stages.

If UEFA are to fine Chelsea for failing to control their players, maybe Chelsea should be able to fine UEFA for failing to control their referee! Also, referees are given far too much protection by their employers, and should be hung out to dry in press conferences and maybe even interviewed by managers after they give controversial or SHIT decisions.

You have to gain it simple it cant be forced upon! Quite right about explaining there actions id love the know what he saw in the 6 yard box as he was looking at ETO as it hit his arm.

Ref had a bad game but Ballack in particular was out of order. Clearly not a penalty, and I don't blame the ref for not wanting to give a team of divers and cheaters a pk.

second to none said:
Ref had a bad game but Ballack in particular was out of order. Clearly not a penalty, and I don't blame the ref for not wanting to give a team of divers and cheaters a pk.

you are joking if that happens on sunday your still saying it isn't a pen.

TatersDeep said:
Kinky Dribbler said:

You have to gain it simple it cant be forced upon! Quite right about explaining there actions id love the know what he saw in the 6 yard box as he was looking at ETO as it hit his arm.

^That one was never a pen, the lad was turning his back to block the shot, it hit more back than arm. Yaya got the ball (hope he comes to COMS) The Pique one was the only nailed on pen I would say.

chrisi said:
TatersDeep said:
chrisi said:
this should not happen in modern day football!

14ui442.jpg

its a facking disgrace!

VIDEO REPLAY NEXT YEAR PLEASE!

Why shouldnt it happen? He's sworn so what and dont give me this shit about role models i call it passion, Drogba should of had a penalty so of course he's upset.

Kids hear worse that the word "fucking"

Football and swearing go hand in hand do people react in the same way when they spit ever two seconds?

no not that mate

i am all for drogba and his passion

i am angry about the referees decision to not award the pens lol
not drog!

Fair play mate,
People are focusing on the pens and why not! But to completley sum up his performance the red card wasnt a red card in which a player loses out of a final due to this clown id be climbing in the ways!

This debate isnt about hating, loving chelsea etc this is about football in general its about time something is done - I alwats thought Al Murray was a bit of a twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.