Resting players against the rags

Knocking the scousers out is not going to happen when the game has been preceded by a demoralizing defeat at home in a derby.

The only hope on Tuesday is that we go in there full of confidence. The problem is mental not physical.

The players capitulated on Wednesday and winning the Premier league on Saturday in front of our own fans against our biggest rivals is the best way to begin to restore confidence. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

What happens if we play the full strongest squad and still get beat or draw against United? It is not a given we will beat them and our record at home against them in last couple of years is not great.

They've just had a three week break and a stroll against Everton. If he said that, Guardiola's talking bollocks. They'll get plenty of energy from the fans on Saturday but not if they go into it with a weak team and a couldn't care less attitude.

Maybe we disagree on the line-up mate, but I absolutely agree about the attitude!
I want to fuckin win the derby like you, I would just put more preference to try the impossible vs that former great club down the M62.

Rest for what - these two are most important games of the season; if we lose the Derby then it would become even more difficult to be up for Tues with additional worries in back of the mind of doing it against Spuds.

Go for it now - full strength both games.

Nobody deserves a rest after Wednesday, nor should they , these are the games players live for . Full strength & take the title , worry about Tuesday on Tuesday .

Strongest team for me, absolutely smash them and then go into Tuesday full of confidence. I'm still angry about resting players in the LC last season against these bastards.

What happens if we play the full strongest squad and still get beat or draw against United? It is not a given we will beat them and our record at home against them in last couple of years is not great.

All in, 100% both games from the players and the fans.

If we fail we fail. That's a risk anyone takes who tries to achieve anything. I'd rather go down fighting than give less than all out effort in both games.

Wednesday at Anfield was an embarrassing and cowardly capitulation (again) by our players. Fortunately we have 2 opportunities to put it right immediately, and we should take those chances.

If we lose both games but tried our best (players and fans) none of us can have any regrets.

We have to go all in tomorrow fuck resting anyone.

We had enough rest & nice holiday in Abu Dhabi & look what happened on Wednesday.

Full team with Sterling back in & Sergio on the bench.

Tuesday comes after Saturday IMO win tomorrow & the whole club get a massive lift, loose fielding a mixed squad & chasing the game causes more problems for Tuesday.

There isn't a City fan out there who doesn't want it lifting tomorrow.

We piss about tomorrow & It all goes Pete Tong with 2nd leg & a tough trip to Wembley against Spurs. It could be the worst 2 weeks of our season knowing we bottled it yet won the League against Swansea a week later just a damp squid for me.

Best 11 & smash the scum & go into Tuesday confident

Last edited:
It's my opinion that you're talking bollocks , you're not interested in the Derby ? Not interested in beating Utd to lift the title ? What sort of City fan are you & how old are you ?

I am 39, lived in Newton Heath all my life. I have took more stick off rags than most as NH is infested with them. I don't care. We will not get a better chance at winning the Champs League and imo that is more important than the league. Imo this tie is not over and I would rather put everything into that.

We have to go all in tomorrow fuck resting anyone.

We had enough rest & nice holiday in Abu Dhabi & look what happened on Wednesday.

Full team with Sterling back in & Sergio on the bench.

Tuesday comes after Saturday IMO win tomorrow & the whole club get a massive lift, loose fielding a mixed squad & chasing the game causes more problems for Tuesday.

There isn't a City fan out there who wants it lifting tomorrow.

We piss about tomorrow & It all goes Pete Tong with 2nd leg & a tough trip to Wembley against Spurs. It could be the worst 2 weeks of our season knowing we bottled it yet won the League against Swansea a week later just a damp squid for me.

Best 11 & smash the scum & go into Tuesday confident
Well said.

Maybe we disagree on the line-up mate, but I absolutely agree about the attitude!
I want to fuckin win the derby like you, I would just put more preference to try the impossible vs that former great club down the M62.

Fair enough but I think most want to do something to United that they'll probably never be able to do to us. Note the word probably. Cityitis. Think about Liverpool afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.