Restoring the Death Penalty in Britain

Im not sure, i think it should used for the most sever cases, but i would make sure the prison times are tougher, remove all the play station, tv type things, and do away with this human rights crap. Can't stand it me, the only people who have ever benefited from human rights are lawyers, and the idiots who follow it.

also, why do people constantly have a go at the daily mail? i don't read it often either, but if you don't like what they publish, don't read it, some may think the same about the guardian etc

Forzacitizens said:
Im not sure, i think it should used for the most sever cases, but i would make sure the prison times are tougher, remove all the play station, tv type things, and do away with this human rights crap. Can't stand it me, the only people who have ever benefited from human rights are lawyers, and the idiots who follow it.

also, why do people constantly have a go at the daily mail? i don't read it often either, but if you don't like what they publish, don't read it, some may think the same about the guardian etc

That statement is so loaded with ignorance it is frightening. No wonder we have been sleepwalking into a loss of our civil liberties with comments like that.

We should have the death penalty for the most heinous crimes , I do not see it as a deterrent ,it clearly isn't in the Countries that have it , it should be as it is called , a penalty.

The fact that Hindley and Brady were on remand when we scrapped the death penalty is a national disgrace.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Forzacitizens said:

That statement is so loaded with ignorance it is frightening. No wonder we have been sleepwalking into a loss of our civil liberties with comments like that.
It did make me chuckle but fuckwits abound GDM

Don't slate me for this, just a question.

I thought that many paedophiles and sex criminals are labelled mentally ill? I know a forensic ward where there are a lot of sex offenders that are deemed ill and can’t be sentenced to prison.

As most people on here are calling for the death penalty for paedophiles and sex offenders then surely they would not be put to death if they are diagnosed as being mentally ill?

I wonder what the cost comparison would be in fighting that one through the courts whilst keeping them in custody vs putting them away for life?

SWP's back said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Forzacitizens said:

It did make me chuckle but fuckwits abound GDM

is that your attempt at an intelligent response? oh dear

It won't even get past the committee who think about it never mind get debated in the house!

Lucky13 said:
We should have the death penalty for the most heinous crimes , I do not see it as a deterrent ,it clearly isn't in the Countries that have it , it should be as it is called , a penalty.

The fact that Hindley and Brady were on remand when we scrapped the death penalty is a national disgrace.
But who is to define 'most heinous?'
Do we include somebody who robs an elderly person where the victim subsequently dies soon after and a drink driver who knowingly gets behind the wheel pissed up then kills someone. At the end of the day someone's life is still lost as the result of someone else's act and there are families left to grieve. This was part of the undoubted undoing of the death penalty last time. Bentley and Ellis cases caused a furore and rightly so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.