Restoring the Death Penalty in Britain

Skashion said:
de niro said:
How do you know? It could be even worse without it.
The United States are a treasure trove of statistical information on the death penalty. The federalism of the United States makes it possible for us to compare the states which have it to states that don't. In no year has the average murder rate in states without the death penalty exceeded that of those with it. In fact, the relationship is very much the opposite. Between 1996 and 2009, the difference in the murder rate in states without the death penalty was between 35%-46% lower every year than states with it. I don't know what more evidence you want.

Good answer.

Skashion said:
de niro said:
How do you know? It could be even worse without it.
The United States are a treasure trove of statistical information on the death penalty. The federalism of the United States makes it possible for us to compare the states which have it to states that don't. In no year has the average murder rate in states without the death penalty exceeded that of those with it. In fact, the relationship is very much the opposite. Between 1996 and 2009, the difference in the murder rate in states without the death penalty was between 35%-46% lower every year than states with it. I don't know what more evidence you want.

just means the mind set of the people in those states are different.
i say an eye for an eye in any walk of life.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The evidence that supports his absurd and incorrect point of view.

I'm sure he can find it if he looks hard enough.
I can't really criticise him for lacking logic in this case. I'd be against the death penalty even if the evidence very clearly showed it's a deterrent. With me it's the principle and that principle is that the state nor anyone else has no right to take a life except when other lives are immediately threatened.

Skashion said:
To be fair, based on his previous post, that isn't the evidence he wants.
What evidence does he want then?

that absurd that if there was a referendem on it here it would be installed instantly.

de niro said:
Skashion said:
What evidence does he want then?

that absurd that if there was a referendem on it here it would be installed instantly.

I'm not sure that you're correct there. I think it would be a very close vote.

I'm sorry Bill, but your response to Skashion's post reeked of someone who is ignoring the facts in front of him because of his point of view. You are as entitled to your point of view as anyone, but have the courage of your convictions. You clearly believe in the death penalty but to suggest that it acts as any meaningful form of deterrent is absurd, especially based on Skashion's evidence.

de niro said:
i say an eye for an eye in any walk of life.

So you think murdering people for murdering people is morally correct?

You think that the way to punish murder, is murder?

You don't see the contradiction in this?

de niro said:

I'm not sure that you're correct there. I think it would be a very close vote.

I'm sorry Bill, but your response to Skashion's post reeked of someone who is ignoring the facts in front of him because of his point of view. You are as entitled to your point of view as anyone, but have the courage of your convictions. You clearly believe in the death penalty but to suggest that it acts as any meaningful form of deterrent is absurd, especially based on Skashion's evidence.

He already said he believed in an eye for an eye.

At least now a mod disagrees with your point of view people can hopefully debate it without being called a 'fucking idiot' or 'BNP supporting daily fail reader' etc

wayne71 said:
At least now a mod disagrees with your point of view people can hopefully debate it without being called a 'fucking idiot' or 'BNP supporting daily fail reader' etc
No, I'd pretty much put de niro in those categories. The fact that he's a mod or a City fan who follows the blues everywhere doesn't change that one iota.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.