Restoring the Death Penalty in Britain

Kill em all!

Let's live like Americans! Yippee! wahoo! And let's teach our children about forgiveness by killing wrongdoers.

If its one thing I don't like, its those who kill, now execute the evil bugger!

Lucky13 said:
LittleStan said:
Lucky13 said:
Good question, if I was in a jury I know that i could give a guilty verdict which would lead to the death penalty.

Think that question is a lot harder for someone like yourself who's opposed to the death penalty , if you was on the jury and the bloke was bang to rights how would you feel ?

Actually something I had not considered. I always try and put emotion to one side and push towards the law, but if an individual then becomes part of the legal process I am not sure emotions will be kept out.

So, we now have the problem of emotion in a jury which would likely lean towards the lower verdicts.

The mentally ill murderers who will probably get sentenced to hospital.

Crimes of passion are likely to attract a lower sentence.

Then the few that are left will fight for years costing the tax payer a fortune in legal costs.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, can anybody realistically see a death sentence being given in this country? If not, why even have a parliamentary debate on bringing it back?

Online petition.

It will never be brought back , i think we all agree that better sentencing is needed , the bloke who was partly responsible for Baby P's death got let out after just 3yrs , that can't be right.

For what it's worth I think there has been a good debate on this.

The online petition does not mean that it will defiantly be debated. There was a petition to make hogging the motorway middle lane illegal. Clearly not a capital punishment offence but I could stretch to see a little corporal punishment for that one ;)

It has been a good debate and I have quite enjoyed it and most seem to agree to disagree without resorting to shitbags at 5 paces.

<a class="postlink" href="http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1090</a>

Sign it!

crizack said:
Kill em all!

Let's live like Americans! Yippee! wahoo! And let's teach our children about forgiveness by killing wrongdoers.

If its one thing I don't like, its those who kill, now execute the evil bugger!

Watched an old episode of Q.I last night.

In America, Inmates are forced to work through threat of solitary confinement.
They produce vast amounts of consumer goods, kettles, irons (insert East Asian cheap appliance of choice here). Which allows America to be able compete with cheap Asian imports.

Though poo poo'ed by the panel as a type of slavery, id consider it a way7 of earning their keep, giving back to society.

Ive worked a while in dealing with the difficult to employ and ex cons are very much in that list. I think an Employer may well consider someone who has done 3 yr on a production line be it in strangeways or not over someone not really willing to work but has forced to apply.

Yep bring it back, lets have them back, bring the prison population down.

ElanJo said:
de niro said:
it deters the murderer

Simply not true.
There is no such thing as a deterrent. You either know and accept your actions will have consequence or you don't.
A crime of passion may have happened in the blink of an eye, you may normally be fully aware of the consequences of your action but that one split second may be enough for it to fall apart.

to all you hang em high brigade, what would you do if you hung an innocent person ? as happened in the Christie case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.