Retiring

Google “Three Fund Portfolio” and adjust the percentages, per your own personal risk profile. However, if that all sounds like gobbledygook, then seek out a FEE-BASED Advisor who agrees to operate as your fiduciary.

I’m still fucking working.
Your only 45
You'll get bored if you retire now, unless you have about 5 or 6 million quid.
Or, you just want to fish every day.
I'm retired, I can't do and cruises which is what I've been doing since retirement, so I wouldn't mind a pt job.

I’m still fucking working.
Seems to me like you've been working hard in a locked uranium mine in Outer Mongolia seeing as you've posted only 3 times in 13 years. And what are you doing nicking my username you cheeky ****. I've been trading under BMR since 2006. About time I had some royalties. Noel Gallagher can be first for naming a song after me. It's a good song as it happens : )

Seems to me like you've been working hard in a locked uranium mine in Outer Mongolia seeing as you've posted only 3 times in 13 years. And what are you doing nicking my username you cheeky ****. I've been trading under BMR since 2006. About time I had some royalties. Noel Gallagher can be first for naming a song after me. It's a good song as it happens : )
He's an avid reader.
Not a writer.

I retired at 48 I have a pension however I got bored and have got another less stressful job
Becareful what you wish for
I have loads of interests but I felt I was waiting to die
Now with work which is flexible my free time and hobbies feels more special

This is absolutely right. I retired in November last year and for my last few years in work scoffed at those pillocks who retired but said they'd get bored and had to work. Especially as I'd got nearly 40 years' pension.

A couple of months after I retired I was offered a consultancy and thought "why not, it's good money, a couple of months and I'm out". I'm still doing it, the difference being that a) I can leave if I want, b) I'm getting paid what I'm worth so I get a better quality of leisure/holidays, c) I can fit it in around my fishing two days a week. One thing lockdown taught me is that I couldn't ever do nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.