Return of Supporters

I think he didn't remember (or forgot to check beforehand) if City are at home on that last day or away somewhere ... so said that to cover it ;-)
Hehe I can smell it from here.

Imagine someone in that position not doing any research before putting stuff out.

I think it will be many years till fans in many countries feel confident start going to the games in the same way they did
It just not being in the ground ,but big lack of confidence will be getting there ie packed coaches , busses , trams & trains,planes, plus pre & after match drinks , food
I can see many grounds for the next few years getting know where near full capacity
People make decisions based on the material world. If the epidemic dies, behaviour will adapt accordingly. So the question that should be posed is not will fans return but how to forecast the decline in the epidemic. At the moment this is almost impossible because the virus is changing and this facility is not in the public domain. My best guess is that it will take a 2nd round of vaccination in the Autumn before we are rid of it.

Genrally, I think people will value communal behaviour like never before and hence football will remain popular.

I am extremely wary at the moment of catching trains, and working in my environment because I know the virus is still circulating and I have not been vaccinated. As soon as my personal risk changes, my outlook will change, and I am sure that will be replicated across the world.

I'm over 50 but I'll be going back, however if loads of >50s are reluctant then we don't have to target younger fans specifically as they're all dying to go anyway. Or so I'm told. - Not to dead rubber CL group games or long distance away games at night obviously.
I will be 66 at the start of next season and can't wait to get back, home and away

I think it will be many years till fans in many countries feel confident start going to the games in the same way they did
It just not being in the ground ,but big lack of confidence will be getting there ie packed coaches , busses , trams & trains,planes, plus pre & after match drinks , food
I can see many grounds for the next few years getting know where near full capacity
It's not football, but yesterday was watching india v England T20 cricket, and many stands were full , people not social distancing or wearing masks, it's up to the individual of course, but I think many people will go to games again,

Only 6 weeks from tomorrow till the carabao cup final
still no news as far as i know concerning whats happening with that.
booked our hotel weeks ago just incase ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.