Return of Supporters

I'd like to wish all blues who qualify for a ticket the very best of luck for the ballot. And for those who miss out, in a few months there's a good chance you'll be at the first home game of the Premier League champions. It's not fair that people miss out, but life hasn't been very fair this past 14/15 months, it's at the very least the beginning of the end of this bollocks so happy days! CTID

Last edited:
I've got 12k so i'm in a ballot like everyone else. Just so you know, we fought hard to get an allocation of tickets for higher points holders. We agreed a specific number of tickets and the club decided the points level, based on that number. We thought it'd be higher than 22k,

It's none of your fucking business what points we all have but as far as I know there's one person with enough points. But what we did was agree the fairest method for the whole fan base with no self-interest whatsoever.

So go and fuck yourself you ignorant twat.
it's absolutely irrelevant how tickets are distributed some people will be upset

Why? They paid for a 2019/20 seasoncard and paid the same for that as someone sat next to them who has been going longer.

Perfectly fair that anyone who would have been at the game under normal circumstances has a chance to be at the Everton game. Why should someone who's a Cityzens member and maybe can't afford an season ticket, and has to scrimp together enough money to get to a couple of games a season be denied a chance? Or someone who lives down south and can't make midweek games, therefore it's not worth them getting a seasoncard?

What we did fight hard for was for higher points holders to be guaranteed a ticket if they wanted one and that's come at the expense of Cityzens Members.

I have to say that I find the "I'm alright Jack" attitude of a few on here quite distasteful sometimes. We Blues talk about ourselves as a family, who've been through a lot together. Yet some on here see themselves as the alpha males and entitled to grab all the food and let the weaker ones starve.

It's just one fucking game for god's sake and while we all want to be there, unfortunately we can't be. Hopefully everything will be back to normal next season.
I normally agree with what you say and appreciate your insight into all things City.

However, in this instance, I feel it is completely wrong to allow Cityzen members equal chance to get a ticket as per City season ticket holders with thousands of points.

It is incorrect to say that Cityzens members maybe can't afford a ticket or scrimp to get their tickets. To me, they are simply not as committed a City fan as season ticket holders.

This ballot scheme is similar to the 1999 Play Off final, when a late decision allowed all those in the queue to buy two tickets each regardless of who they were for. I had to pay a fortune for a ticket off a tout for that match and years later met someone at work who said, 'Yeah I saw City once, a mate got me a ticket for the 1999 Play Off final'. Grrr!

Anyhow, back on track, it's not one 'f**ing game. It's seeing City lift the Premier league trophy and our last chance to see Aguero. This match is too important for it to be open to Cityzens who in years to come will say, Yeah I saw City once, when Aguero got a hatrick in his final match!

I think that some people would’ve been aggrieved whatever the club decided, so they were on a bit of a hiding to nothing to some extent. Demand for this game was always going to far outweigh supply and you can’t keep everyone happy. That said, I think it would’ve made more sense to either base it solely on loyalty points or have a straight ballot for all season card holders, rather than picking an arbitrary cut off point.

Whatever City or City Matters do/did some people will not be happy. However we are all Manchester City fans and arguing among ourselves is not going to do any good. The decisions have been made, the emails have gone out. Life isn’t fair, never has been, never will be so please don’t be arguing and calling each other names. There is nothing more we can do except either accept that with 22K points there’s a ticket and with less than that we keep our finger, toes and eyes crossed. (It’s very difficult driving or watching TV with your eyes crossed!)
Sorry, it upsets me to see City fans at loggerheads over this. :-)

Why? They paid for a 2019/20 seasoncard and paid the same for that as someone sat next to them who has been going longer.

Perfectly fair that anyone who would have been at the game under normal circumstances has a chance to be at the Everton game. Why should someone who's a Cityzens member and maybe can't afford an season ticket, and has to scrimp together enough money to get to a couple of games a season be denied a chance? Or someone who lives down south and can't make midweek games, therefore it's not worth them getting a seasoncard?

What we did fight hard for was for higher points holders to be guaranteed a ticket if they wanted one and that's come at the expense of Cityzens Members.

I have to say that I find the "I'm alright Jack" attitude of a few on here quite distasteful sometimes. We Blues talk about ourselves as a family, who've been through a lot together. Yet some on here see themselves as the alpha males and entitled to grab all the food and let the weaker ones starve.

It's just one fucking game for god's sake and while we all want to be there, unfortunately we can't be. Hopefully everything will be back to normal next season.
This isn't normal circumstances. None of us have a season card for this season therefore the game should be treated as any other cup game regardless of its venue and usual qualifying process used.

If city matters fought for the people on 22k+ to be guaranteed a ticket then they are obviously putting value to the points they've accrued over the years, so the same should apply for everybody and the entire 10k allocation not a tiny fraction at the top of the chain. A guy on 22k points is guaranteed a ticket but a guy on 21990 has as much chance as a first year season card holder.

You talk about the "I'm alright Jack attitude" something I agree with you on generally speaking with regards to a lot of our fans, however, City matters have very clearly taken a let's ensure we look after ourselves stance by pushing for a points based allocation to ensure they and the select few are alright Jack.

I normally agree with what you say and appreciate your insight into all things City.

However, in this instance, I feel it is completely wrong to allow Cityzen members equal chance to get a ticket as per City season ticket holders with thousands of points.

It is incorrect to say that Cityzens members maybe can't afford a ticket or scrimp to get their tickets. To me, they are simply not as committed a City fan as season ticket holders.

This ballot scheme is similar to the 1999 Play Off final, when a late decision allowed all those in the queue to buy two tickets each regardless of who they were for. I had to pay a fortune for a ticket off a tout for that match and years later met someone at work who said, 'Yeah I saw City once, a mate got me a ticket for the 1999 Play Off final'. Grrr!

Anyhow, back on track, it's not one 'f**ing game. It's seeing City lift the Premier league trophy and our last chance to see Aguero. This match is too important for it to be open to Cityzens who in years to come will say, Yeah I saw City once, when Aguero got a hatrick in his final match!
Aguero's final game will be the CL final at Villa Park won't it?

I think it would’ve made more sense to either base it solely on loyalty points or have a straight ballot for all season card holders, rather than picking an arbitrary cut off point.
Seems a more sensible approach to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.