Return of Supporters

You can still use print at home tickets.

I don't have Google Pay or Apple Wallet at the grand old age of 46, so they can fuck right off if that's the route attendance will be taking in the future.

I don't see the problem with the current access card if it is really all about Covid, considering it is wireless tech.

My dad is 70 in June and doesn't even have an email address or smart phone.
In Australia for our local sport of AFL footy last season when we had reduced crowds it was all mobile ticketing due to covid, which at times was a pain as sometimes the scanners never picked up the barcode, or your screen on your phone wasn't bright enough or whatever other issue that could find.

This season as my team I have my season ticket for has returned to full crowds of 55,000 capacity we got our usual season ticket, or we had a mobile option. We just have to wear masks in the stadium, but not outside, not at the pub before the game, nor on public transport to the ground.

Whether or not the UK take the same approach I'm unsure. But after one season if reduced crowds and heavier restrictions we went back to normal, I'd say you all would do something similar.

What price loyalty for someone who has built up points over several years? Screw that!
I bet you’ll be there though won’t you.
With the greatest of respect, not everyone can afford every game!
I’ve been to Germany 3 times, Spain, Switzerland, Italy and France watching city in the last few years along with every home game, every trip to Wembley along with around 30-40 away games over the last 10 years. I’ve done that having lived in a different city since 2008, I wish I could have gone to plenty more yet work commitments have stopped me and I only have 14350 points and you having more points doesn’t make you any bigger a fan than me! It just means you have better circumstances.

I appreciate in your Dad’s case, it would be great for him to get a ticket. I’m not trying to label all Cityzens as uncommitted City fans.

Other clubs have similar schemes to City‘s Citizens scheme. I have joined quite a few as I find it gives me a chance to get to City matches when I can’t via City’s away allocation. I went to Brighton once a couple of years ago for the title match simply by belonging to their equivalent Cityzens membership.

Anyone can join City’s Cityzens scheme and I feel it unfair that they have equal chance of getting tickets for this match as City fans on thousands of loyalty points, especially when loyalty points are being used for some.

When I failed to get a ticket for City’s 1999 play off match, I wrote to the club and suggested they introduced a points system to ensure tickets are fairly distributed based on match attendance. I never got a reply, but the loyalty points system has generally worked well ever since it’s introduction 21 years ago, until now..
Tickets for the 1999 final was based on matches attended and also for season ticket holders initially. If memory serves me correctly you needed 6 ticket stubs or be a season ticket holders to get priority to buy tickets on the saturday and sunday.

Having read your post how far do we take ‘loyalty’ back as clearly you did not have a season ticket in the bad old days if you could not get a ticket for the play off final??

Last edited:
I'm on City Matters, I don't have 22k points and as Prestwich Blue mentioned earlier on in the thread, I'm pretty sure no one else on City Matters does either. Its very unfair to say we've "looked after ourselves".

Making insinuations about motivations doesn't do anyone any good, so I won't make any.
I am truly puzzled at the basis for the 22k cutoff. It is not the level, it is the principle.
A ST holder can expect a ticket for ANY match at the Etihad. They have their own seat for league games and can secure the same seat, if they so wish, on a cup scheme.
As everyone has that same expectation, it should go to a ballot.

Linking it to the away criterion is truly baffling.
Am happy to hear the contrary.

You’ve probably figured out your statements regarding Cityzens are naive at best and ignorant at worst.

How about a Cityzen that lives 4,500 miles away ? Pre-COVID got to 6-8 games a year, some away in the Champions League, all while spending THOUSANDS each season to follow his childhood club.

How does that type of Cityzen fit your “not as committed” category of City fans?
Not sure how someone who goes to 6-8 games a season deserves a ticket over someone who goes to every game, regardless of distance travelled, and I note you are based in USA, so do appreciate your support of City.

I have a round trip of 580 miles to each home match and i don’t say that gives me priority over other City fans. But I do feel that my loyalty points I have built up over the years should do.

A very good post. Like you, I have never paid to "go platinum". The day they brought that in was the day I realised that our relationship with the club was fractured. The platinum scheme is bare-naked blackmail that fans feel obliged to indulge for fear of being left behind. It could cost me a CL final ticket but I won't be bent over by people trying to monetise me.

It is a terrible system and the type of thing you would have expected to be devised at Old Trafford to fleece a little additional cash.

Tickets for the 1999 final was based on matches attended and also for season ticket holders initially. If memory serves me correctly you needed 6 ticket stubs and season ticket holders got priority to buy tickets on the saturday and sunday.

Having read your post how far do we take ‘loyalty’ back as clearly you did not have a season ticket in the bad old days if you could not get a ticket for the play off final??
Your memory doesn’t serve you c
Tickets for the 1999 final was based on matches attended and also for season ticket holders initially. If memory serves me correctly you needed 6 ticket stubs or be a season ticket holders to get priority to buy tickets on the saturday and sunday.

i see you joined the site post 2008 takeover. I won’t bother arguing your ticket allocation argument. Your memory obviously doesn’t serve you correctly.

With the greatest of respect, not everyone can afford every game!
I’ve been to Germany 3 times, Spain, Switzerland, Italy and France watching city in the last few years along with every home game, every trip to Wembley along with around 30-40 away games over the last 10 years. I’ve done that having lived in a different city since 2008, I wish I could have gone to plenty more yet work commitments have stopped me and I only have 14350 points and you having more points doesn’t make you any bigger a fan than me! It just means you have better circumstances.
fully appreciate what you say and your position and circumstances. Also fully agree number of points don't make a fan bigger than any other, but if someone has chosen and committed to follow City whenever their circumstances allow instead of doing other things, under a points based system that is in place, then surely they are within their rights to expect that the points based system they signed up to will be in operation when availability is limited?

I appreciate in your Dad’s case, it would be great for him to get a ticket. I’m not trying to label all Cityzens as uncommitted City fans.

Other clubs have similar schemes to City‘s Citizens scheme. I have joined quite a few as I find it gives me a chance to get to City matches when I can’t via City’s away allocation. I went to Brighton once a couple of years ago for the title match simply by belonging to their equivalent Cityzens membership.

Anyone can join City’s Cityzens scheme and I feel it unfair that they have equal chance of getting tickets for this match as City fans on thousands of loyalty points, especially when loyalty points are being used for some.

When I failed to get a ticket for City’s 1999 play off match, I wrote to the club and suggested they introduced a points system to ensure tickets are fairly distributed based on match attendance. I never got a reply, but the loyalty points system has generally worked well ever since it’s introduction 21 years ago, until now..

you appreciate my dads case, but it doesn’t effect you getting a ticket..

anyone can join the citizens scheme, but that’s always been the case. A lot of long standing fans can’t afford season tickets.

and because you happened to be fortunate Enough to go 21 years ago you now deserve a ticket more

I mentioned it in my last post, but what makes you more deserving of a ticket then someone like my dad, or the thousands of others in the same situation.

I get it for away games, but not home games. It isn’t fair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.