Return of Supporters

Perfect way to do it. Reward those who travel up and down the country, week in, week out, whilst giving an opportunity to the rest of us to get our hands on one too.

I just miss out on 21000 points so fingers crossed I get lucky on Friday.
Great attitude. Hope you get one.

I’m really happy that I’ve got a chance through the ballot. I always assumed that the club would use points as the only criteria for this.
By giving all season card holders a chance, I feel like the club have been as fair as possible.

As someone with little interest in going to a mostly empty stadium in current circumstances it doesn't really impact me which way the tickets are decided. I just think for fairness sake it needed to be one or the other and I can definitely understand the frustration of those just beneath the cut off. Going off the statement city have put out city matters have been threw under the bus but isn't that really what city use it for anyway, they have little interest in fan opinion as proven by the ESL. The fella giving the statement for the website should of knew he was being set up with that.

I agree. City matters have been made to look bad here. Seems like a Pr exercise from the club. After the super league fiasco I don’t see the point in city matters.

Ticket points should not be in use at all , as those who have the higher points always get to go to the away games and get more points so those will less points can not ever catch up. Every away game should be by ballot
Yeah go on then I’ll bite. Horseshit. Every away game should be by ballot? Seems fair, so when fans were traipsing around for the last 20 years+ including many years of utter shite, now we’re good, tickets for OT, cup finals, etc should all be done on a ballot for who, just any city fan who fancies it? Behave
Oh and by the way, there are no points awarded for away games anymore. And as pointed out numerous times there were at least 8 away games any seasoncard holder could have attended in 2019/20 season so no need for a ballot for those less desirable games was there?

Last edited:
I'd be amazed if that was the case, up until 2 years ago I was scraping a derby ticket in the last window before they sold out, never managed a Bournemouth ticket either yet have 21980. I would be surprised if i'm in the top 3000.
I'd say you are mate. Got to remember that in normal times only 55% of ticket allocations actually go to people on points, the rest is Supporters Clubs, Corporates and staff plus the 5% for under 25s as of 2019/20 season.

Personally I am not fussed who is in the raffle or who wins! Everyone is a fan at the end of the day. If anything I think the rules prejudice people who haven’t got technology.

I wouldn’t have given special priority to anyone. I don’t expect to win but hey ho. Not like I haven’t coped without a game for 14 months. Life goes on. if anyone deserves one, them lads who turned up in the pissing down rain two days last week would get my vote.

There was no right or wrong solution here and there would always be examples of why the method used was unfair, so regardless of what City matters did it was never going to please everyone, so they deserve to be cut a bit of slack.

I refuse to pay the 50 quid each year to ‘buy’ loyalty points so are miles behind other people. 190 points each year for a home season ticket and unless I have got this wrong you get 200 for entering the Carabao Cup scheme on Platinum even if you we don't get a home match. Its only partially to do with loyalty now and partly another cash cow for the club.

I don't know how sophisticated the tech is, but for me the fairest system would have been to use a weighted ballot system where as those on highers numbers get more entries into the ballot and your number of entries decreases proportionately the less points you have.

Still there was no right or wrong answer and although I am hopeful, I will get one, I would not begrudge another blue who gets one over me.

I normally agree with what you say and appreciate your insight into all things City.

However, in this instance, I feel it is completely wrong to allow Cityzen members equal chance to get a ticket as per City season ticket holders with thousands of points.

It is incorrect to say that Cityzens members maybe can't afford a ticket or scrimp to get their tickets. To me, they are simply not as committed a City fan as season ticket holders.

This ballot scheme is similar to the 1999 Play Off final, when a late decision allowed all those in the queue to buy two tickets each regardless of who they were for. I had to pay a fortune for a ticket off a tout for that match and years later met someone at work who said, 'Yeah I saw City once, a mate got me a ticket for the 1999 Play Off final'. Grrr!

Anyhow, back on track, it's not one 'f**ing game. It's seeing City lift the Premier league trophy and our last chance to see Aguero. This match is too important for it to be open to Cityzens who in years to come will say, Yeah I saw City once, when Aguero got a hatrick in his final match!

You’ve probably figured out your statements regarding Cityzens are naive at best and ignorant at worst.

How about a Cityzen that lives 4,500 miles away ? Pre-COVID got to 6-8 games a year, some away in the Champions League, all while spending THOUSANDS each season to follow his childhood club.

How does that type of Cityzen fit your “not as committed” category of City fans?

There was no right or wrong solution here and there would always be examples of why the method used was unfair, so regardless of what City matters did it was never going to please everyone, so they deserve to be cut a bit of slack.

I refuse to pay the 50 quid each year to ‘buy’ loyalty points so are miles behind other people. 190 points each year for a home season ticket and unless I have got this wrong you get 200 for entering the Carabao Cup scheme on Platinum even if you we don't get a home matcg. Its only partially to do with loyalty now and partly another cash cow for the club.

I don't know how sophisticated the tech is, but for me the fairest system would have been to use a weighted ballot system where as those on highers numbers get more entries into the ballot and your number of entries decreases proportionately the less points you have.

Still there was no right or wrong answer and although I am hopeful, I will get one, I would not begrudge another blue who gets one over me.
A very good post. Like you, I have never paid to "go platinum". The day they brought that in was the day I realised that our relationship with the club was fractured. The platinum scheme is bare-naked blackmail that fans feel obliged to indulge for fear of being left behind. It could cost me a CL final ticket but I won't be bent over by people trying to monetise me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.