Return of Supporters

What a strange reply. My only point was ‘loyalty’ can be viewed and judge in many different ways and there will be some blues who may not necessary have as many points, currently, as other but be equally as deserving.

As for your comment about me joining this forum post 2008, what exactly is your point?

It is not particularly important but what do you think was the criteria for the 1999 play off final? I am pretty sure it was based on having a season ticket or ticket stubs from that season.
Was 1st come 1st served up to 5 tks each if I remember rightly ... was 3rd in the que with our kid from 9pm the night b4. Was a couple of hundred when it went dark , but a couple of thousand by sunrise. they let us inside the north stand at 6am and qued through there, was mental when they opened the north stand gates to let us back out to the ticket office , there was thousands snaking all around the ground.. I got 5 , our kid got 5, we got another 8 from people around us who didn’t want the 5. Don’t remember needing Stubs tokens or even programs for it.

Pre covid the last home game I missed was Villa, 7th Feb 1976.

My run of 1108 consecutive first team home games began with Everton, 21st Feb 1976.

I have 21660 loyalty points.

Feel physically sick at the thought of missing the game.

If I do miss out and my personal record is lost I'll be adopting a saner (less fanatical) approach to supporting City.

The pricing is hilarious isn’t it. Only we could have about 50 different prices for a one off game of 10,000 fans! Why didn’t they just say tickets will be £30 each for adults and £15 for kids or whatever. Who thinks this shit up? They probably had an all day meeting with breakout sessions to come up with this.

It is completely baffling. The money made from the ridiculous pricing structure or a flat fee is absolutely negligible. Its another PR own goal, when they could have got back a lot of goodwill by a 25/30 pound flat fee across the ground for adults and half again for kids

Last edited:
It is completely baffling. The money made from the ridiculous pricing structure and a flat fee is absolutely negligible. Its another PR own goal, when they could have got back a lot of goodwill by a 25/30 pound flat fee across the ground for adults and half again for kids
And they wouldn’t have had one complaint had they done it that way as long as reasonably priced. Bet they are fingers crossed that all the ones who pay more win the raffle so they can make an extra £100k! Come on Level 2 padded seaters, get in the raffle! You have a great chance :-)

Last edited:

My run of 1108 consecutive first team home games began with Everton, 21st Feb 1976.

If I do miss out and my personal record is lost I'll be adopting a saner (less fanatical) approach to supporting City.
Bad that... I feel for you pal

Was 1st come 1st served up to 5 tks each if I remember rightly ... was 3rd in the que with our kid from 9pm the night b4. Was a couple of hundred when it went dark , but a couple of thousand by sunrise. they let us inside the north stand at 6am and qued through there, was mental when they opened the north stand gates to let us back out to the ticket office , there was thousands snaking all around the ground.. I got 5 , our kid got 5, we got another 8 from people around us who didn’t want the 5. Don’t remember needing Stubs tokens or even programs for it.

Interesting take mate. I remember it completely differently. I queued up on the saturday about 9 ish, got my ticket at around 7pm and we picked up ten tickets based on 5 season ticket books and 5 membership cards with ticket stubs. Yes madness outside and inside the ground, best part was reading the graffiti on the walls, making light of a typical ticket office fiasco.

I genuinely hope you are successful as that’s some record and commitment.

The loyalty lost its way the moment platinum was brought in for double points.

Prices are good. From £24 for an adult. It will have to be the ballot for me though and hope for the best.

I hope you get a ticket. I'm nowhere near that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.