Return of Supporters

I feel like Charlie hoping more than anything that I have the golden ticket! Let’s hope Mr Wonka or the yellow Team Leader in our case, let’s me in if I am one the lucky ones! I can’t hardly go to sleep I’m so excited.....the ballot is tomorrow! Football is BACK!!!

GortonBlue62 said:
Pre covid the last home game I missed was Villa, 7th Feb 1976.

My run of 1108 consecutive first team home games began with Everton, 21st Feb 1976.

I have 21660 loyalty points.

Feel physically sick at the thought of missing the game.

If I do miss out and my personal record is lost I'll be adopting a saner (less fanatical) approach to supporting City.
I hope you get a ticket. I'm nowhere near that.
I genuinely hope you are successful as that’s some record and commitment.

The loyalty lost its way the moment platinum was brought in for double points.
You definitely deserve a ticket for this match and it’s crazy that you’re not guaranteed one.

I agree the platinum double points was unfair and just extra money for nothing in return.

But the loyalty points scheme has lost its way with this ridiculous part loyalty points, part ballot allocation of tickets.

fully appreciate what you say and your position and circumstances. Also fully agree number of points don't make a fan bigger than any other, but if someone has chosen and committed to follow City whenever their circumstances allow instead of doing other things, under a points based system that is in place, then surely they are within their rights to expect that the points based system they signed up to will be in operation when availability is limited?
I’d be inclined to agree with you, however, this a slightly different circumstance and let’s be honest none of us currently has a season ticket.

We’ve also got to factor in that out off these 10,000 “fans” all of the players family will take some tickets as it’s a big game for the players.
My personal opinion is with us having 2 games in front of fans, the club should only allow anyone to attend 1 off the 2 games and as @Prestwich_Blue has already stated there is going to be 30,000 usual season card holders missing out, why should anyone get to go to both?

I feel like Charlie hoping more than anything that I have the golden ticket! Let’s hope Mr Wonka or the yellow Team Leader in our case, let’s me in if I am one the lucky ones! I can’t hardly go to sleep I’m so excited.....the ballot is tomorrow! Football is BACK!!!
What a great idea. The club should of sent a wonka bar via Amazon to each fan. Only the ones in gold wrappers get to log on.

After reading this thread it wouldn’t be any less popular.

The pricing is hilarious isn’t it. Only we could have about 50 different prices for a one off game of 10,000 fans! Why didn’t they just say tickets will be £30 each for adults and £15 for kids or whatever. Who thinks this shit up? They probably had an all day meeting with breakout sessions to come up with this.
It’s unbelievable how out of touch the club can be at times, especially recently.

The mixed prices is a massive og, as you said should have been a (low) set price across the ground, Burnley are doing it for free for their fans - ok totally different circumstances and quality of action on offer but the revenue for this game isn’t make or break for us whereas it actually could make a difference at Burnley.

Ballot idea is total bollox. Everybody seems to have a story as to why they haven't got a lot loyalty points but that's how the tickets should have been sold.

let’s be honest about it, every city fan hated ffp because it was designed to keep the rich clubs rich and everyone else had no chance to catch up......the loyalty points system is the same thing!

All you moaning fuckers complaining that you didn’t get a guaranteed ticket and you should because you’ve got 18,19,20,000 points ....your all just the Ac Milan in this equation.

How can anyone build points when away games are double and sell out 3,000 tickets above 22k points.

If there is one thing that annoys me more than any about City its loyalty points. Yet I can nip onto various FB sites and send a message then meet a guy who can sell me a ticket. Its a closed shop going via City, but somehow its an open market on social media. I've often wondered how those tickets become available? Maybe someone with 22k points is keeping it that way so they get to whatever games they want and then act as an unofficial 3rd party distributing tickets they just happen to have available. Meanwhile City turn a blind eye to it.

I don't have 22k points that's for sure, like most in my position life got in the way of me achieving that. 40 years of attending games and I'm left to scrabble across unofficial social media sellers trying to get tickets. Yet when I watch a game at the swamp or canalfield I see kids and teenagers and wonder just how they qualify for tickets. This isn't a slight on kids at games, they are fans like the rest of us regardless of age, but it does make me wonder and consider that maybe City can do this a better way.

What the answer is I don't know, yes loyalty should be rewarded, but I think there's a hint of piss taking going on that I have never liked the whiff of.

Good luck to all fellow blues going in the ballot.

I was unsure about going because of the pandemic but I've decided to go for it. I'd love to see the team lift the trophy and to say bye to our Sergio but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get picked.

Make love not war.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.