Return of Supporters

Nice little insight this into post pandemic effect on society.

Why wouldn’t you be happy for any blue attending whatever the circumstances.

I am truly appalled, I thought we as a fan base were well above this shit.
I'd love that to be true but as a collective we're just a cross section of society like any other group. That said, some of the bitching and insulting from all sides on this thread has been pathetic.

The problem is that the crowd is limited to 10k. We can’t do anything about that. Good luck to anyone entering the ballot.

A few months ago there were hordes of people on here saying their years of match going support were over. I’m glad most of you have changed your minds, even if it reduces my chances of getting a ticket vs Everton.

I’m afraid there’s no way for you to earn more ‘away’ points than me now as they’ve removed points for away games so neither of us will get points (I never said I agreed with it) but the idea was to stop people selling them on for points and not going to the games. I personally didn’t believe this was as big an issue as was made out. But in principle I believe the points system is pretty fair, fwiw I would do a rolling 10 year system which means naturally those who stop/slow down going would fall down the pecking order and those who start going to more games (including less popular ones first) would start to climb the ladder. But what do I know?
I'd do a rolling 5-year system but yes, I agree with you in principle. There are people who have been dead 10 years who have more points than some who have been to every game in the past 5 years. It's madness.

I looked at my points history and it goes right back to the last year at Maine Road. That's insane. Phil Foden was in nappies. If you have been to lots of games in the last 5 to 10 years then you still have nothing to worry about under a rolling system. Scrap the disgraceful two-tier platinum scheme which gives people more points for signing up to a League Cup scheme than a gold season ticket holder gets for attending 19 league games.

One tier. One rolling scheme that rewards our fans who attend the most games but ensures that they keep having to attend games to stay at the front of the queue.

Good luck to all Blues in this ballot, given the last year I am just glad we have fans back inside supporting team, saying goodbye and thanking players/staff for a wonderful season that kept many of us sane, including myself.

I dont care which supporters get a ticket or the issues with the system used - just pleased we have chance and those who do attend will represent ALL Blues. Good Luck.

I'd do a rolling 5-year system but yes, I agree with you in principle. There are people who have been dead 10 years who have more points than some who have been to every game in the past 5 years. It's madness.

I looked at my points history and it goes right back to the last year at Maine Road. That's insane. Phil Foden was in nappies. If you have been to lots of games in the last 5 to 10 years then you still have nothing to worry about under a rolling system. Scrap the disgraceful two-tier platinum scheme which gives people more points for signing up to a League Cup scheme than a gold season ticket holder gets for attending 19 league games.

One tier. One rolling scheme that rewards our fans who attend the most games but ensures that they keep having to attend games to stay at the front of the queue.
Totally agree. A rolling system has nothing for the high points holders to fear as long as they continue to go (myself included). I think the removal of away points has the opposite effect to what was desired and now if I go to no more games I still stay at the top. This needs to be reviewed IMO. Platinum is just a disgrace. Don’t know anyone who thinks it’s fair

A couple of things:

As previously stated, what is the logic of using away match criteria (points) for a home match?
Now that the pass has been sold and there is some sort of similarity between home and away matches (not my view just the effect of this particular allocation decision), when are we going to have ballots for away matches? (I am happy with loyalty points criteria but only for aways).

I’m the same as you, I’ve been in every cup scheme since I’ve had my season card and go to every home game, always if and when I can with work etc at least 1 European away day each season. I wasn’t expecting to be guaranteed a ticket, however, I do feel like for this a full ballot for anyone who attended at least 25% of last seasons home games would have been the fairest way. My reasoning for this over points is simple I see the points system as the selection criteria for away games, this is a home game and we have many people who go to every home game and have for years and they all deserve an equal chance.
We've all got different points of view but I don't see why a certain level of loyalty points gets a ticket?

The loyalty points system is a joke. It's no different the the super league. The rich just get richer and the poor have no chance. People with lots of points just continue to buy tickets for away game regardless of whether they can go or not, just to build their points. The number of tickets that get sold on here week in week out by the same members is ridiculous.

The sooner they scrap the points system the better. Ballot is the way forward
What is kind of funny about this is most built the points up in the hope of getting to a CL final.

Let's see how that pans out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.