Return of Supporters

A slightly uncomfortable point, but an important one:

Hopefully all of our fans will be respectful of our players and not boo when they take the knee like some fans did at Wembley today.

Regardless of your personal views on it (although how anyone can be offended by it still bemuses me), it's something they've come together as a team and chosen to do all season long, in every game, and it should be respected.

I'd be amazed if teams continued to take the knee next season anyway, although if players started hearing fans boo them they would probably carry on.

It seems amazing to have to ask fans not to boo their players the week before a Champions League final, but it didn't stop Chelsea fans.
Fuck all to do with this thread

Does anyone know why it was limited to 10,000 when they allowed Wembley to be one quarter full? Using that precedent they should have allowed 13,500.
FA cup final is before the new roadmap easing and is part of a test event (LFT tests etc). Our game is part of the new roadmap rules. 10,000 or 25% whichever is lower, no tests etc.

No they shouldn’t. Some season ticket holders barely go to any home games let alone away games and they definitely shouldn’t have the same chance to go to the Iikes of united and Liverpool away. Loyalty should be rewarded, maybe over a shorter period than indefinitely, but recognised and rewarded nonetheless.
So only the same people get the tickets to Liverpool n Utd every season ? The point scheme is unfair on younger supporters who want to be loyal and get to away matches but can’t because the same heads have the tickets( and yet more points) how is that fair. oh and yes I was at Gillingham. yawn

So only the same people get the tickets to Liverpool n Utd every season ? The point scheme is unfair on younger supporters who want to be loyal and get to away matches but can’t because the same heads have the tickets( and yet more points) how is that fair. oh and yes I was at Gillingham. yawn

That’s why I said the points should maybe not last indefinitely, maybe after 5 seasons they drop off or something. There are plenty of games that go to open season ticket sale that they could build their points up with. Also, there is a pot of tickets reserved specifically for young fans, what more do they want?

There were not many youngsters when we were taking 2k to North West aways with 1000 empty seats for a Sat 3pm.

Obviously there were some and they are older now. Youngsters could go in on parent's loyalty points up to 18 and build up their own.

The problem is there are less and less tickets allocated to loyalty points, that is what caused the problem, if it was closer to 80/90% like in 2006 anyone would have a decent chance going to 6 or 7 aways a season an building up from there. The problem for the new fans is that it won't be the biggest games.

Liverpool away didn't always sell out under Pearce and Keegan, restricted view tickets still on sale on the day of the game.

There were not many youngsters when we were taking 2k to North West aways with 1000 empty seats for a Sat 3pm.

Obviously there were some and they are older now. Youngsters could go in on parent's loyalty points up to 18 and build up their own.

The problem is there are less and less tickets allocated to loyalty points, that is what caused the problem, if it was closer to 80/90% like in 2006 anyone would have a decent chance going to 6 or 7 aways a season an building up from there. The problem for the new fans is that it won't be the biggest games.

Liverpool away didn't always sell out under Pearce and Keegan, restricted view tickets still on sale on the day of the game.
Correct. Prior to 2012 I could get tickets for any game (including the Liverpool game) bar the one at Old Trafford and I only got my current season ticket in 2003. The first FA Cup game under Mancini was as Boro, on a Saturday afternoon and I doubt we sold more than a third of our tickets, probably less.

Firstly, the younger supporters can go to 9 or 10 games a season which make open sale, and there’s a proportion of tickets reserved specifically for 18-21 year olds regardless of points. Oh and as pointed out to you before there are no tickets allocated anymore for away games.
Don’t remember this clamour even for the Carabao Cup final the other week. If it wasn‘t for those same people there’d have been no fucker at Wembley at all

A slightly uncomfortable point, but an important one:

Hopefully all of our fans will be respectful of our players and not boo when they take the knee like some fans did at Wembley today.

Regardless of your personal views on it (although how anyone can be offended by it still bemuses me), it's something they've come together as a team and chosen to do all season long, in every game, and it should be respected.

I'd be amazed if teams continued to take the knee next season anyway, although if players started hearing fans boo them they would probably carry on.

It seems amazing to have to ask fans not to boo their players the week before a Champions League final, but it didn't stop Chelsea fans.
Chelsea have always had a sizeable far right racist element. And that’s before videos emerged of how they behave abroad, attacking a poor waiter doing his job, the Paris metro racism etc
We are better than this flabby old gammon. Poor kids

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.