Return of Supporters

I agree with all of that and I'd add that it's not just older people that don't want Google or Apple Pay on their phones. For example, my 26 year old daughter who always buys Apple products and works in IT doesn't use Apple Pay.

There is probably a very young group that uses pay apps but I'd say it's nowhere near a majority of smartphone owners. Why should we be forced into having these apps in order to go to a game?
I use Apple Pay and I’m in my 50s.
More secure than contactless cards and much higher limit. What’s not to like?

That is understatement of the century, I remember us all being stood there thinking we’d freeze to death unless we kept moving, actually jogged on the spot whilst watching the game to keep blood flowing, it was fucking arctic.
You could have kept warm by climbing up the netting like "Spiderman" did. My best memory of that brilliant trip though was the giant snowball fight in that park after the match. Those Danish trips that season were all fantastic.

I use Apple Pay and I’m in my 50s.
More secure than contactless cards and much higher limit. What’s not to like?
Absolutely fine...for you. A lot (a majority I'd suggest) don't use pay apps.

If there is a choice between having a card to gain entry to the stadium or the option to use Google or Apple Pay then that works. Forcing supporters into having to have these apps is not the way to go about things.

Simple. Loyalty points. I’ve got 19k and not missed a single home game in 27 years. I used to do all sways but chose family over that. No beef whatsoever with those con more points who’ve continued to do home and away. But we’ve a so called rep who said we shouldn’t have rewarded loyalty. Hence people on 12, 8, 0 points getting tickets. Fucking horse shit
We did reward real loyalty though, and had to fight hard to persuade the club to do it, so your comment is baseless. The people who literally never or rarely miss a game will be at this one. Stick to correcting grammatical errors as at least you've got a clue about that.

I'm in the same boat as you as it happens. Home and many away games and was building up my points nicely. Then self-employment and working away happened, so I could only manage weekend home games and slipped down the ladder.

"Loyalty" is a bad word. The question for me is how you define loyalty. For me, it's putting watching City above work, family, finances, etc. You and I didn't do that, and that goes for many others. But we aren't less "loyal" as fans; we are less committed though. And even if it had been done on points only, is someone on 17,000 really more "loyal" than someone on 16,990. The former could have just done home league games for many years whereas the latter might have had their ticket for less time but done loads of domestic and European aways, plus all home cup games. I know which of those is more committed, yet the points say the former is more "loyal".

When it costs £200 for tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids to watch a Category A game, against Arsenal or Chelsea, then even that's a huge commitment for a family on a relatively low income. Or there's people who have to travel many miles, or even from abroad, to see one game. One game for those people, involving an outlay of thousands of pounds on flights, accomodation, etc, may represent more of a commitment than us, who pay a few hundred quid for our tickets in 10 instalments.

Every one of those people has demonstrated commitment in one way or another and all of them have a right to be in the stadium. Sadly, not all of them can be.

Last edited:
You could have kept warm by climbing up the netting like "Spiderman" did. My best memory of that brilliant trip though was the giant snowball fight in that park after the match. Those Danish trips that season were all fantastic.
Ha, yeah, forgot about Spider-Man the fucking nutter. Aalborg was a good trip too.

Copenhagen was a tad chilly
I remember with Copenhagen I was flying back via London to Edinburgh to I said to my wife she should come down to London and I would break up the journey and we would have a couple of nights there. I took my bag for the entire trip to Copenhagen and she could meet me with her clothes for a couple of days. After the match I rang her to tell her to bring more clothes for me, she asked why as she thought I had enough for Copenhagen and London. I told her I did... but I was literally wearing everything I had took during the game to keep warm so had nothing left

Think there will be a fair few citizen members that have more games than some with quite a few points and have spent a fair bit over the years that deserve at least a shot in the ballot.
And some with 2000 points or no Seasoncards going instead of folk with over 20'000 point's, Absolutely fuckin criminal.

I agree with all of that and I'd add that it's not just older people that don't want Google or Apple Pay on their phones. For example, my 26 year old daughter who always buys Apple products and works in IT doesn't use Apple Pay.

There is probably a very young group that uses pay apps but I'd say it's nowhere near a majority of smartphone owners. Why should we be forced into having these apps in order to go to a game?

I just want to buy a ticket and go to a game, either with that ticket in my hand or a plastic season card. I expect to have to jump through some hoops due to covid rules but I don't expect the club to add to the complexities by making people navigate unfamiliar technology and download unwanted apps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.