Return of Supporters

There's talk of vaccines being distributed at the end of October and early November in the USA (Moderna and Pfizer). However, it might get mired in political controversy (some will see it as an attempt to influence the election. The Oxford vaccine Phase 3 trial has only just started in the USA so it's unlikely to get approval there so soon, but it might in the UK around the same time. This assumes the trials are successful.

Quiet a few are doing the same - asking for £60 up front sorts out who's intending to return and who's sitting the season out. Shame City didn't do the same or we'd perhaps know what's what by now and they wouldn't be second guessing how many want to actually go to Burnley at home....

Leicester have done this. If you never get chosen in the ballot the £60 is rolled over to next season's ticket. Interesting that success in their ballot seems to reduce the chances in the next ballot cycle.

For our first home game back, City could just do a ballot from the season card holders who carried over a credit for this season (or guarantee these Blues an offer of a seat if numbers allow). I would miss my first home game in several years (that spectators were allowed into) but I think the Blues who carried over a credit deserve to be prioritised.

For our first home game back, City could just do a ballot from the season card holders who carried over a credit for this season (or guarantee these Blues an offer of a seat if numbers allow). I would miss my first home game in several years (that spectators were allowed into) but I think the Blues who carried over a credit deserve to be prioritised.

Not sure I agree with that idea. Plenty of people needed the refunds and were in desperate financial times. Giving those with credit first dabs links loyalty to an ability of afford.

So rugby fans can sit next to each other if they're in the same household (not separated as the Brighton test game was). Tickets are not named. They can sell their tickets but only on the proviso that they inform the buyer of the Code Of Conduct. Track and trace is done via a stadium app and no photo ID is required.

Seems that rules are different for rugby than for football, with us for some reason over-policed and untrusted.

This would make perfect sense. Alit of people simply won't go alone so if they're the only one pulled out of their friends group then they won't attend and ticket wasted.
We have plenty of blues who travel up from down south who share transport who again would see it as financially unviable if only one was picked out so hopefully the club will look at grouping some fans if required so it's either all go or none go.
When you consider in most of greater Manchester and beyond you can,t even meet anyone in your back garden never mind sit together in a stadium things are going to have to get a lot better before they even consider this ballot

I've been told the club are also aiming for around that 15k mark for the 17th Oct, and as an slight fun point, we could potentially be allowed more people in the stadium than other teams based in Trafford due to the fact their stadium has a smaller concourse so fans can't distance which is where ours works in our favor

Smaller concourses, seats, leg space in rows, aisles, vomitories, toilets and far less space around the ground.

Arsenal is the opposite, you have twice as much room as at united, even the seats.

So rugby fans can sit next to each other if they're in the same household (not separated as the Brighton test game was). Tickets are not named. They can sell their tickets but only on the proviso that they inform the buyer of the Code Of Conduct. Track and trace is done via a stadium app and no photo ID is required.

Seems that rules are different for rugby than for football, with us for some reason over-policed and untrusted.

it is the same stage 5 guidance for all sports stadia, and every club with apply it differently regardless.

Reported the dippers will be around 12500.

Doesn’t sound very appealing with those numbers. Knowing my luck I would get Southampton at home on a Monday night in December.

I am involved with the reintroduction of crowds to racing next week, for the St Leger meeting. Approximately 4000 people per day, spilt into zones & strictly monitored, as an industry, all sports stadia effectively “have to start somewhere” we have to demonstrate that the stadiums can be ran safely, and we will. Please be patient, there is a huge amount of effort going into these pilot events. For what it’s worth, I think we will be back to “Normal” in stadiums in the spring of next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.