Return of Supporters

I am involved with the reintroduction of crowds to racing next week, for the St Leger meeting. Approximately 4000 people per day, spilt into zones & strictly monitored, as an industry, all sports stadia effectively “have to start somewhere” we have to demonstrate that the stadiums can be ran safely, and we will. Please be patient, there is a huge amount of effort going into these pilot events. For what it’s worth, I think we will be back to “Normal” in stadiums in the spring of next year.
Good luck

I am involved with the reintroduction of crowds to racing next week, for the St Leger meeting. Approximately 4000 people per day, spilt into zones & strictly monitored, as an industry, all sports stadia effectively “have to start somewhere” we have to demonstrate that the stadiums can be ran safely, and we will. Please be patient, there is a huge amount of effort going into these pilot events. For what it’s worth, I think we will be back to “Normal” in stadiums in the spring of next year.

Would you mind expanding on your final line? Being back at a full etihad is something I spend far too many minutes a week thinking about. Is this a Hunch or more? If someone said to me now you will be back in March. (Another 6 months) I think I could handle that as long as I knew!

Would you mind expanding on your final line? Being back at a full etihad is something I spend far too many minutes a week thinking about. Is this a Hunch or more? If someone said to me now you will be back in March. (Another 6 months) I think I could handle that as long as I knew!
Not the OP, but my opinion is that we probably won't be back to full capacity until after we have a vaccine and at least 75% of people have been vaccinated.
Or possibly until a large proportion of the population have been shown to have anti-bodies which remain active for several months.
I missed 7 home games last season (possibly 8 if I include the home leg of the Lyon tie which would have been played if not for Covid), and that's more than the total number of home games I've missed over the past 30 years. - I've been lucky to see that many games, and I want to get back.

Not sure I agree with that idea. Plenty of people needed the refunds and were in desperate financial times. Giving those with credit first dabs links loyalty to an ability of afford.

It certainly links loyalty to loyalty. What you say will be true in some case even though people had committed to paying for their season cards and would have been saving on travel etc. Likewise there will be some people whose finances were strained who supported the Club by carrying over the credit.

It certainly links loyalty to loyalty. What you say will be true in some case even though people had committed to paying for their season cards and would have been saving on travel etc. Likewise there will be some people whose finances were strained who supported the Club by carrying over the credit.

The email said it could be used against the 2020/21 ST costs - there may never have been any 2020/21 ST costs so it could have been completely lost from the wording of the email. If it had said for any future costs I may have carried it over, and we were only given a week to call the club to do it so it was a mess about to do it with no incentive whatsoever.

They can't make up rules in retrospect. It was always more prudent to have it in my bank account than theirs given possible risks.

They can't make up rules in retrospect. It was always more prudent to have it in my bank account than theirs given possible risks.
Tell me about it, trying to get deposits back for cruises that I refused to pay the balance for and then they were subsequently cancelled has been a bloody nightmare.

When you consider in most of greater Manchester and beyond you can,t even meet anyone in your back garden never mind sit together in a stadium things are going to have to get a lot better before they even consider this ballot
It’s a personal choice is people want to be part of the phased in approach.

For me I won’t take the risk and will not return until the vaccine has been rolled and has been successful

We're not a lower league club where sudden loss of income threatens our existence. If we were then I could kind of see where this is coming from but it's a tough sell by the club to say "you can come back first because you gave us a credit but you over there can't because you needed the cash to feed the kids" etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.