Return of Supporters

I think this all could be of Irrelevance from what we’re now hearing regarding the second wave on it’s way . Not being doom and gloom but I’d be amazed if there’s any kind of scheme to let any numbers in. The ships sailed on this in my option unfortunately.
It's not all doom and gloom despite the media hysteria. The vast majority of those being infected at present are young and not seriously ill. They will develop immunity and as long as the most vulnerable are protected better than last time it will not be as bad. There is also very positive news on vaccinations and they could even start by the end of October. The press coverage of Covid in the UK has been unbalanced and frequently wrong. Let's wait and see if we get to see a few games.

On the back of this news I cannot see football clubs in the north west opening up to supporters any time this year.

It doesn’t change anything at the moment. Restart Of football at non league level was exempt from the previous 30 people rule (now reduced to 6) and it’s reported that team sports will be again exempt from this.

On the back of this news I cannot see football clubs in the north west opening up to supporters any time this year.

The upwards trends in detected cases are very misleading but the BBC here has produced a very readable summary.

BBC Healh -Why rise in cases is not what it seems.

In particular they note that detected infection rates in older age groups are flat despite increases in the young and this is over a sustained period, and also worth noting that if you adjust the detected cases for the increase in testing the picture looks very different.

IMO the most important metric are the ONS Infection surveys and hospitalisation data.

All the data is important but backward comparisons need to be made with caution when there are changing variables such as testing and tracing.

Last edited:
The government is capable of spectacular contradiction ("lockdown is over, it is still with us but here's some half price food, wade in"). But I just cannot see them sanctioning mass gatherings at football matches when 6 people can't meet inside or out. Too many mixed messages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.