Ribery In Robbie Out I say....

Funny as fuck.

I've just read the first seven or eight pages and it is a Tubthumper's convention.

"Delete this thread"
"You're a clown"
"How dare you"
"Robbie Loves City"

and all that.

It's a football forum, Kiam has made a valid point, one I actually tend to agree with. Listen to you lot and your ignorant blind-fan outrage.

I've posted repeatedly and had plenty of rows about it and I will do again. It isn't "anti-Robinho", it's my opinion:

I think that Robinho would take a move to a top class club in Spain or Italy, if an offer came in. I also think that Hughes would consider letting him go, if a replacement - like Ribery - was available. I have no basis for either of the above comments but gut feel.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if he did go. He's top drawer at times with the ball at his feet. But he struggles when he gets kicked and he slows our play up as he is not a pass and move player, particularly. He gets some good goals but he snatches at it a bit too, or he would get more. And the biggest negative in his game is that he loses posession too much and puts us under pressure.

Stick to your guns Kiam, there are plenty on here who will have intelligent debate...and don't let the Tubthumpers grind you down...

Oh, and just to add...

I think the biggest barrier to moving Robinho on would be egtting someone to buy him for anything like what we paid, and certainly to pay him anything like what we pay him.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if he did go. He's top drawer at times with the ball at his feet. But he struggles when he gets kicked and he slows our play up as he is not a pass and move player, particularly. He gets some good goals but he snatches at it a bit too, or he would get more. And the biggest negative in his game is that he loses posession too much and puts us under pressure.

Stick to your guns Kiam, there are plenty on here who will have intelligent debate...and don't let the Tubthumpers grind you down...[/quote]
Tub thumpers? your basically saying Robinho is shit are you being serious, so he was getting kicked last season but scored 14 league goals im sure he passed and moved a bit in his first season in the toughest league in the world maybe he would of got 20 if he didnt snatch at it a bit /rolleyes. Give the guy a chance played 2 (in the league) won both i aint seen him lose posession too much, what exactly do you expect from him?

Robinho is on the left hand side in front of bridge so when he does his step overs and losses it and then the other team counter attack down our left and bridge has to defend the full back,winger and midfielder on his side and is 3 vs 1. For most of last season bridge got cought out because of robbie, he does not balance and need a left foot player so petrov fits the bill and player robbie in the middle. Robinho is of course a fantastic player but playing him on the left will not give the side any balance and teams will use that against us, but if hughes starts playing robbie more central and petrov on the left he will give our team that creativity that we have lost in elano and we will have two wingers in wright phillips and petrov that will cross from both sides and we'll have adebayor/tevez/santa cruz by scoring more goals using there heads. If this happens i think that we'll see the good link petrov and elano did at the start of their first season

robbie is a good player and we should keep him but i dont think we can get ribery

Didsbury Dave said:
Funny as fuck.

I've just read the first seven or eight pages and it is a Tubthumper's convention.

"Delete this thread"
"You're a clown"
"How dare you"
"Robbie Loves City"

and all that.

It's a football forum, Kiam has made a valid point, one I actually tend to agree with. Listen to you lot and your ignorant blind-fan outrage.

I've posted repeatedly and had plenty of rows about it and I will do again. It isn't "anti-Robinho", it's my opinion:

I think that Robinho would take a move to a top class club in Spain or Italy, if an offer came in. I also think that Hughes would consider letting him go, if a replacement - like Ribery - was available. I have no basis for either of the above comments but gut feel.

Stick to your guns Kiam, there are plenty on here who will have intelligent debate...and don't let the Tubthumpers grind you down...
Didsbury Dave said:
Oh, and just to add...

I think the biggest barrier to moving Robinho on would be egtting someone to buy him for anything like what we paid, and certainly to pay him anything like what we pay him.

I completely agree with you Dave

Both Ribery and Robben were on the bench today for Bayern, both came on and Robben scored twice on his debut ! Bayern won 3-0 against Wolfsburg for anyone interested.

smithy167 said:
your basically saying Robinho is shit

I'm not saying he's shit. Watch him for Brazil and sometimes for us and he is far from shit - he's top drawer as I said in my post. But I'm not sure the premier league suits him that well as it is so fast and physical. These low-tempo rythmn games which Brazil play seem to suit him - where he suddenly bursts into life and creates something. The PRemier League is fast as lightning all the time, end to end and physical. It is much harder for him to play his natural game which is to control the ball, draw the defender and run at him or release it.

I'm happy if he stays, and I do believe he will. But I think he's actually a better player than he looks playing for us in our league - and he knows it.

I hope he proves me wrong this year - he's a young lad and lots of players do take time to adjust and also can change their game. I'm not writing him off at all. When he's right and the game suits him he's a matchwinner.

But last season that was not often enough.

kiam06 said:
This is what I would like to see in the next few days, don't know about anyone else. I think Robbie is a world class player just don't think he is that effective in regards to overall workrate in the Premier League.

On the other hand Ribery brings all the skill and class of Robinho ( probably not quite as much but still a lot) with the work rate too which I would prefer as the Premiership is such a physical league with work rate being a priority.

I don't know if there is any chance of this happening but if Barca want Robbie and Bayern want to sell I would like to see this move happen, anybody agree or is it tin hat time?

A good, thoughtful post, this (and brave, too).

Having said that, I would like to see what Robinho can produce having had a full season to adjust to this league and without the disturbing presence of Elano in the dressing room.

He got 14 goals in half a season; imagine the results if he puts in the effort for a full one!

We mustn't lose Petrov for his sake, so he should be moved to the middle and take his turn with our other strikers. He'll never make a winger, so he shouldn't be out there.

Didsbury Dave said:
smithy167 said:
your basically saying Robinho is shit

I'm not saying he's shit. Watch him for Brazil and sometimes for us and he is far from shit - he's top drawer as I said in my post. But I'm not sure the premier league suits him that well as it is so fast and physical. These low-tempo rythmn games which Brazil play seem to suit him - where he suddenly bursts into life and creates something. The PRemier League is fast as lightning all the time, end to end and physical. It is much harder for him to play his natural game which is to control the ball, draw the defender and run at him or release it.

I'm happy if he stays, and I do believe he will. But I think he's actually a better player than he looks playing for us in our league - and he knows it.

I hope he proves me wrong this year - he's a young lad and lots of players do take time to adjust and also can change their game. I'm not writing him off at all. When he's right and the game suits him he's a matchwinner.

But last season that was not often enough.

I admire your determination to soldier on, and whilst we have opposing views over Robinho (i'd not want him for sale any price) it's good to see theres still people around who think before posting and have formed an opinion on which to debate.

i love how we get a couple good players now and all of a sudden we can get rid of robinho cause he "isnt good". this is ridiculous... if we can sign ribery great but i would not get rid of robinho, he s the player that helped get the team to where it is today!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.