Ribery In Robbie Out I say....

I don't agree with you.

If we are making a serious attempt to get Rubbery, there is no doubt (remaining) in my mind that City's official target of top six is being rethought.

English Premier League - Top Scorers - 2008/2009

Rank Player Team Goals

1 Nicolas Anelka Chelsea 19
2 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United 18
3 Steven Gerrard Liverpool 16
4 Fernando Torres Liverpool 14
Robinho Manchester City 14
6 Kevin Davies Bolton Wanderers 12
Darren Bent Tottenham Hotspur 12
Frank Lampard Chelsea 12
Dirk Kuyt Liverpool 12
Wayne Rooney Manchester United 12
Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 12
12 Ricardo Fuller Stoke City 11
Peter Crouch Portsmouth 11
John Carew Aston Villa 11
Robin Van Persie Arsenal 11
16 Matthew Taylor Bolton Wanderers 10
Robbie Keane Tottenham Hotspur 10
Jermain Defoe Tottenham Hotspur 10
Djibril Cisse Sunderland 10
Benedict McCarthy Blackburn Rovers 10
Emmanuel Adebayor Arsenal 10
Carlton Cole West Ham United 10
Kenwyne Jones Sunderland 10
Amr Zaki Wigan Athletic 10
25 Dimitar Berbatov Manchester United 9
Stephen Ireland Manchester City 9
Nicklas Bendtner Arsenal 9

So, to recap, because you missed it when you made your ridiculous claim in the other thread before starting this one, Robinho, in his first season in the Premiership, starting a month late, was only bettered by Anelka, Ronaldo and Gerrard.

He outscored Lampard, Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Adebayor, Berbatov, Rooney, Van Persie and a host of other Premiership-proven strikers. And he's now starting his second season. He can only get better. So if Hughes agrees with you on getting rid of him, he must be mentally retarded as well.

Brucie Bonus said:
If we are making a serious attempt to get Rubbery, there is no doubt (remaining) in my mind that City's official target of top six is being rethought.

That's a given I think. Top 6 is for media only, to keep pressure off. Hughes said the other day that he'd done in 9 months what should have been done in 3 years. The end result should be a team capable of challenging for the title by next season I think is what the Sheik has in mind. This season we grabs what we can, with 6th being the expected finish which we should aim at bettering, plus a final for the fans.

Because Robinho doesn't weave in and out of defences, flicking the ball over his head and scoring a wonder volley week in, week out.

Get fucking real, Can you imagine signing Robinho 12+ months ago?

With all respect to you, but I really don't like this type of subjects.

We suppose to support our players and not to downgrade them in comparison to others.

Robi is city jewels now and he deserves our full support.

skybluekings said:
Robinho was the first star player to join City. He believed in our project and could have gone to Chelsea instead.

Its because of Robinho coming here that other star players started to even consider City...now you want to get rid of him?

He has been nothing but class for us, on and off the pitch, always ready to say something positive about the City project. How on earth, can you even suggest selling him?
his suggestion is way off the mark, but its still his opinion and as such he should not be treated the way he has for the previous six pages. he is a blue and should be treated as one, not all fellow city fans are as knowledgeable about city as we might think we are. one more thing as some of you have pointed out if he is a young fan, then the way he should be treated should be of even more relevance but no doubt i will probably get similar treatment.

In Robinho's first season in the PL he had an adjustment period where he only scored 14 pitiful goals and was tied for fourth in the league with the oh so "amazing" Fernando Torres. I'll take Robbie especially with the players he has around him now. He will only get better with the better players around him.

Real-City said:
In Robinho's first season in the PL he had an adjustment period where he only scored 14 pitiful goals and was tied for fourth in the league with the oh so "amazing" Fernando Torres. I'll take Robbie especially with the players he has around him now. He will only get better with the better players around him.

robbie had a great first season. he's being asked to play a slightly different role this time. last season we one striker up front and the whole team was set up to get robbie in the box. this time, we have two strikers, he has a little more responsibility to the rest of the team. 14 goals this season would be fantastic, but it's just as important for him to play for the rest of the team, and help us keep our shape and retain possession a little more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.