Riccardo Montolivo

jjeangi said:
So YaYa gets a squad role. Yeah, right.

No not really Yaya + Montolivo in a two is brilliant, with silva floating around.

And it becoming NDJ + Yaya + Montolivo in big games where we have to stiffle the midfield.

jjeangi said:
So then De Jong doesn't start as much..Yeah right

You don't seem to be grasping the concept of a squad game in a season that lasts potentially 60 games.

Damocles said:
jjeangi said:

You don't seem to be grasping the concept of a squad game in a season that lasts potentially 60 games.

I do, don't get me wrong. Maybe I'm just wrong in assuming we would be fine with only a few additions.

jjeangi said:

Against the lesser teams no. He is only needed when we have to stop other teams playing.

Montolivo's a wonderful player, I would love him here. Watched the Bologna game and he reminded me of Silva - constantly receiving the ball in space, constantly probing.

And of course it's a squad game, look how many games Vieira has played this season (and how we ran Yaya and Barry into the ground January to March).

Two good players in each position is the ideal, which for me means one more defender, two more midfielders and one more forward -

Yaya
Barry
De Jong
Milner
______
______

Tevez
Johnson
Silva
Balotelli
Dzeko
______

Sabster said:
jjeangi said:

Against the lesser teams no. He is only needed when we have to stop other teams playing.
What like Wolves away this season when we got totally out hustled?? If De Jong is fit he should be one of the 1st names on the sheet!!

howfen blue said:
Sabster said:
jjeangi said:

What like Wolves away this season when we got totally out hustled?? If De Jong is fit he should be one of the 1st names on the sheet!!

No our midfield was far too narrow and as were our strikers and they got at us by consistently spreading the ball to the wing.

Sabster said:
howfen blue said:
Sabster said:

No our midfield was far too narrow and as were our strikers and they got at us by consistently spreading the ball to the wing.
Just look at the win% when Nige plays and when he doesn't and come back to me!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.