Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: Dunne hits out at 'back-stabber' Cook

Cook isn't really meant to understand football, he and Khaldoon understand business (and very well at that). Marwood, Hughes, and the coaching staff understand football.

This seems a bit unnecessary from Dunne.

"It was difficult.[leaving City] They made it quite clear they didn’t want me there any more, so for me to have the opportunity to come to Villa was brilliant,"

On Citymancs it quotes his interview on Skysports:

"I played right up to when I left, I was there all the time," Dunne told Sky Sports News.

"They signed the players and that was it. I wasn't given the opportunity to stay and fight for my place. That's what was annoying.

"I was told I had to go and that's the frustrating part about it.

"They told me they had accepted an offer so I said 'OK, but what if I want to stay and fight for my place?'

"They said 'it's funny, we need the money'.

"I am not bitter, I really enjoyed my time there and wish them all the success.

"The fans have been fantastic to me there and they have been crying out for success for such a long time. Now they seem to be on the brink of it and I hope it all goes really well.

"It's a really good club, an enjoyable family club and I just hope they get what they deserve."

mancityscot said:
he hasn't once thanked mancity for the time he had there or to Hughes for playing him when he was shit and could have played ned or Kompany. That's what has pissed me off with him. He's been quick to slate Hughes and cook though. Disgraceful

What the actual fuck.

He's acting like a bellend, I'm quite sure that if Villa said to him "Come here and have a first team place" he would have jumped at the chance and thats what he did. He wasn't forced out the club and I'm quite sure he would have been unhappy if he had been told to sit on the bench. I think he's bitter about being replaced and is blaming Hughes and Cook.

He's obviously sad about leaving, but I also think some of the things have been taken out of context. For example this bit about needing the money. Now we don't NEED the money as such, but it will go on the accounts and be seen as income and bearing in mind Dunney is 29 then getting the same for him as we paid for Given is a no brainer.

I think Dunney is a bit naive too. To be asking MH where he stands, when he knows full well where he stands, is simply putting MH in a difficult position. Course MH is going to say that until someone is sold.

There are certain "Unsaid" things that are fairly obvious, and I'm sorry Dunnie, but once we got an England defender who is highly rated, doesn't score as many own goals, and chips in at the other end, your days are going to be numbered. Harsh, but true.

Bellamy has the right idea. He knows the score and makes no bones about it.

Not good enough ManCityX, the negative comments far outweigh the positive ones.

I know things are twisted at times in the press but he is becoming a bit of a toss pot now and should move on, he has a new Club.
Same as it does my head in when Tevez goes on about bacon face and the rags in interviews.
You have moved on, have some dignity, (plus I don't want anything upsetting our chances, squad, fans and Club moral this season!).

He is quick to forget that his career was going down the pan and we rescued him, he is quick to forget how truly bad our defence was last season, he is quick to forget that during his time at city he has captained and been part of some of the most attrocious teams seen at maine road and subsequently eastlands, he is quick to forget he wanted to bale on us last season.

I am sorry yes he has been there 9 years well hoo bloody rah for him so have we mate and we havent been half as well compensated as you have. You say you were a nuisance, you were a nuisance because like you are doing now you refused to act like a professional. Classy way to depart Richard.

mancityscot said:
he hasn't once thanked mancity for the time he had there or to Hughes for playing him when he was shit and could have played ned or Kompany. That's what has pissed me off with him. He's been quick to slate Hughes and cook though. Disgraceful

Are we ignoring the parts where he thanks the fans/club in his interviews, and wishes us all the best?

He's coming across as a bit bitter, towards Cook at least, but let's not accuse him of things he hasn't done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.