Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

C_T_I_D said:
Not being funny but I'd have Nedum at right back ahead of Richards. Nedum was class Vs Barcelona.

Yes i am saying that is what hughes would have but dunne wasnt good enough to make the bench and had to go not matter what. my back line would be

Zabaleta, Toure, Lescott, Bridge

With regards to the money, let's just look at the wages:

Dunnie + Ben Haim = Joleon Lescott.

Like i said earlier im not sure where hed get on our bench tbh and come on his argument may have held up but to say we need the money is utterly ridiculous. To keep him would have been to hold up the progress of ned and VK, also lets be honest how many of you would be happy with richard dunne coming on to close out a game his concentration wasnt fantastic when he played from the beginning much less when he isnt fresh.

This season he played 2 games at blackburn he was waltzed past a couple of times only for Shay Given to save his bacon and he didnt look so fresh against Wolves. People say the Hamburg game was the game where he looked like he was gone for me it was the arsenal game, at the end with the penalty incident a proper capatain would have came and told sturridge in no uncertain terms who the penalty taker was, dunne stood at the back looking uninterested, that isnt good enough

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/09/03/dunnes-parting-shot-after-city-exit/

Just read this and I am absolutly disgusted that the club would treat such loyal legendary player. I find it dispicable that the club are quibling of giving Dicky a descent send off for 9 years service at the club. Its so far back now that I cannot even remember when the last time a player had a testimonial (Paul Lake I think???)

Surely something needs to be done about this and we the fans should demand a proper send off for our club captain.

Mike D said:
http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/09/03/dunnes-parting-shot-after-city-exit/

Just read this and I am absolutly disgusted that the club would treat such loyal legendary player. I find it dispicable that the club are quibling of giving Dicky a descent send off for 9 years service at the club. Its so far back now that I cannot even remember when the last time a player had a testimonial (Paul Lake I think???)

Surely something needs to be done about this and we the fans should demand a proper send off for our club captain.

Fuckin hell i cant beleave sum ppl ! he had to go because he is not good enough ! he was shit stiring saying we had to sell him for the money hes just being bitter and i am let down by this because i love dunne and he is potraying us to be wankers

Testamonials are a relic from the days when players earned very little, and the money gave them a little nest-egg for retirement.

When a player has been on £50K a week they don't deserve one.

No room for sentiment if you want to be successful. He was no longer needed.

As for players loving City, I think it's bollocks. In the case of Dunnie with a young family, I am sure it was more about a settled life-style than being here because of his love for the club.

I wish him luck at Villa, his time to go had come.

Thaksins Love Child said:
No room for sentiment if you want to be successful. He was no longer needed.

As for players loving City, I think it's bollocks. In the case of Dunnie with a young family, I am sure it was more about a settled life-style than being here because of his love for the club.

I wish him luck at Villa, his time to go had come.

Agreed. Good player but not good enough.

To be honest Mike, lets put a different spin on it. If Richard Dunne had any respect for the club he just spent nine years at then he wouldn't have made these comments public and aired his views behind closed doors. To me it just makes him seem bitter at leaving at a club he knows will be superior to Aston Villa in the coming seasons and go on to compete for top honours. Manchester City have moved on and have better players than him at the club, he should have moved on too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.