Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Too many people are blindsighted by the obligatory loyalty they feel they owe Dunnie, as Hughes has stated, we have made an unprecedented amount changes to our squad, and as such, the benchmark of quality required to play for us has risen to an all-time high, and unfortunately Dunne isn't good enough now.

Dunne's days at City were over after the Hamburg home game. Nearly every blue in their heart knew as soon as he was booked that he was absolutely NAILED ON to get sent off. It's just in his make up, record number of red cards and own goals. He was our perfect poster boy whilst we were under-achieving.

Would anybody back him 100% in a Cup Final or a Premiership decider not to drop a clanger? I know I wouldn't?

But after all that I wish him well, City and Dunne were good for each other, we turned him into the footballer and man that he is today, he was a beer-swilling, pie-eating, training shirker, when he first came to us. Now he is a model pro on VERY good money, and he gave us very good service through some dark times.

Damocles said:
Dear Management of City,

I have just seen an interview with Richard Dunne regarding his move to Aston Villa. It seems he never wanted to leave, and was forced out of the club because 'we needed the money'. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, to help us achieve something. He said that he still loves the club, the fans and would want to come back.
All the PR spin in the world doesn't cover the fact that you've just sold a player who wants to play, who is good enough (hence his appearences this season), and understood the soul of the club after been here for 4.5 times the length you have.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks,
Damocles

bolloxs, him and taliban needed to go

Damocles said:
Dear Management of City,

I have just seen an interview with Richard Dunne regarding his move to Aston Villa. It seems he never wanted to leave, and was forced out of the club because 'we needed the money'. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, to help us achieve something. He said that he still loves the club, the fans and would want to come back.
All the PR spin in the world doesn't cover the fact that you've just sold a player who wants to play, who is good enough (hence his appearences this season), and understood the soul of the club after been here for 4.5 times the length you have.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks,
Damocles

I think this is the first thing you and me have agreed on.

Well said.

mancboy123 said:
Having seen our bench where precisely do you think he would get on our bench?

Im sorry i disagree i know their is a sentimentality towards dunne and i respect that but i think thats clouding alot of people with regards to his playign ability. Remember he was ready to go at the beginning of last year and hughes had to talk him round. Remember our defence last year?

This ...... was just going to say as much as Dunne had been outstanding in our past and as has been said by all a great servant, this is the same Dunne that had to be convinced to stay at the club after we had just been slapped by Borough and looked like we were in serious danger of going tits up .. a player can only be so loyal to a club and a club can only be so loyal to a player .. think the move was right for him and us end of ... CTID

C_T_I_D said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
He said he would be happy to fight for his place not sit on the bench. and tbh he wasnt even good enough to sit on the bench

Disagree with this part. He would have been useful as a squad player but Nedum Onouha is a ready-made replacement for him.

Disagree with this mate because our back line will be this: Richards, Toure, Lescott, Bridge

and the bench will be like this: Taylor, Onuoha, Zabaleta, De Jong, Kompany, Weiss, Bellers

Not being funny but I'd have Nedum at right back ahead of Richards. Nedum was class Vs Barcelona.

BillyShears said:
Secondly, as much as he has been a great servant to the club, MCFC is not a charity. I'd rather Neds/Kompany were in line behind Toure and Lescott than Dunne, and I'm sure that was the thinking of the management staff too...

Exactly. Dunne might have wanted to stay but the fact of the matter remains that he isn't good enough. The writing has been on the wall ever since the club started to show a bit of ambition and Richard Dunne didn't bring anything worthwhile to the table anymore and it was only right to move him on (for him and us)

I was dreading this would happen in the press.

They should've discussed this privately and come to an agreement that the club would not be publicly dragged through the dirt.

Time to move on,chaps.

Dunne is an above average defender. He was our best player for a number of years because the rest of our players were either average, or below.

He was prone to make mistakes, he was also prone to have great matches but for my liking the former was too frequent and the latter too infrequent. This mass outcry that somehow Dunne should have stayed, and it's the clubs fault he went is ridiculous. He signed a contract with Villa, it was his choice. Everyone needs to calm down really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.