Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

markbmcfc said:
Seriously hope none of the management read this thread. Usually read Damocles posts with interest but, think he's had a brain misfire this morning.
agreed... lets move on guys, we can all agree to diagree but it wont change anything, end of the day were all blues fans of manchester city not dunney or any other indivdual....

johnmc said:
Damocles said:
He's not good enough for the Carling Cup???
Or to come in as cover for an injured Toure?

Dunne is criminally underrated by some one here. He's had one bad season, and suddenly he's past it. Why don't we ask BlueRipple if one bad season makes a career?

Are you seriously suggesting that Dunne would be happy to sit on the bench?

Thats probably the choice he was given tbh..Stay at City and sit on the bench and maybe get a run now and then or go to villa and get first team regular football..

A sort of covert pushing out but nothing sinister.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'll tell you when I knew in my heart that Dunne's time was up. I'd been forgiving his mistakes time and time again until Hamburg at home.

He made about four exceptionally clumsy challenges, several after his first booking. It was obvious the ref, who did very well that night, didn't want to spoil a top class game bu sending him off but he should have done.

In the end he left him no choice but to send him off late in the game when he did it for the 5th time, ending our chances in the most important game of the season.

Thanks for the memories, Dunnie, and I'm glad you've left as a hero.

But we've moved on.

This fella talks a lot of sense....

markbmcfc said:
Seriously hope none of the management read this thread. Usually read Damocles posts with interest but, think he's had a brain misfire this morning.

If they do they'll see Damocles is in the minority on this one

Dear Damocles,

Take your blue tinted specs off and realise there is no room for sentiment in football. Joleon Lescott and Kolo Toure are superior in ability to Dunne in my opinion and to have him as a squad player would only halt the progress of Nedum Onouha which would be wrong. Richard Dunne served this club brilliantly most of the time but was prone to errors and we will save points having cut them out thanks to his and Tal Ben-Haims departure. I hold Dunne in high regard as a gentleman, but I do not believe for one second that he was good enough to be a first team regular given the new players that have come through the door and given Dunne's desire / need for first team football at this stage of his career there was seemingly only one option.

Much like Gareth Barry (who was at Villa for 12 months) he may just have needed a change of scenery to 'freshen' him up as he became too comfortable in his surroundings. I don't know. What I do know though is there's no point crying over spilt milk and that the world isn't going to end just because Richard Dunne has left Manchester City. This is the biggest signal that the new Manchester City are emerging fast and the old City are being left in the dust. He's not top four or premiership title winning material which is basically what we aim to be (even if we don't accomplish that this season).

Kind Regards,

C_T_I_D

Damocles said:
Dear Management of City,

I have just seen an interview with Richard Dunne regarding his move to Aston Villa. It seems he never wanted to leave, and was forced out of the club because 'we needed the money'. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, to help us achieve something. He said that he still loves the club, the fans and would want to come back.
All the PR spin in the world doesn't cover the fact that you've just sold a player who wants to play, who is good enough (hence his appearences this season), and understood the soul of the club after been here for 4.5 times the length you have.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks,
Damocles
You've gone way over the top with that one Damocles.

There are two sides to every story and you've just heard Dunne's. The fact is, he couldn't possibly have been forced out. He chose to leave; probably because he was told that he would, at best, only make the bench. If he was happy to stay and fight for his place under those circumstances, he could have done.

Fair play to him and good luck.

johnmc said:
What did he say though??

Did he say he would have been happy to fight for his place or he would have been happy to sit on the bench. There is a difference

He sais somehting along the lines of:

"The club accepted the bid, and told me I could go to Villa. I asked "What if I want to stay and fight for y place", andthey said "wee need the money".

So no, he never said he would be happy on the bench.

And using him as a Carling Cup player? No, just no. He doesn't deserve that.

mcfc_die_hard said:
He said he would be happy to fight for his place not sit on the bench. and tbh he wasnt even good enough to sit on the bench

Disagree with this part. He would have been useful as a squad player but Nedum Onouha is a ready-made replacement for him.

I was a big a fan of Dunney as anyone else...but I remember being sat at the Fulham home game toward the end of Sven's time thinking to myself 'We'll never progress as long as the likes of Sun Jihai, Dunne and Michael Ball can get anywhere near the side'. Well, the point seems to be that Hughes didn't think Dunnie wouldn't get near the side. He'd probably not eve get o the bench in reality.

We've moved on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.