Richard Dunne retires

My favourite memory, was him kicking the ball into the sky against someone (arsenal I think) at home, he just didn't want the ball any more, and it was understandable on the night, a funny moment.

He was "great" for us, in often very average times, but he epitomised being a City player at the time, great effort, often not enough skill, but gave all he could.

Hope he has a great retirement from being a player, and that football doesn't lose him.
He had the odd game when he could show some skill .
Didn't Richard Dunne also play as a right back for us under Kevin Keegan .
I remember the away game at Turf Moor in 2001 .
Dunne was our best player that night .

He had the odd game when he could show some skill .
Didn't Richard Dunne also play as a right back for us under Kevin Keegan .
I remember the away game at Turf Moor in 2001 .
Dunne was our best player that night .

He played regularly at right-back during his early days at the club, including the last Maine Road derby, IIRC.

One of my all time favourite players. He sort of grew up with the club and with me, from his early partying days to settling down and being a family man. Never seemed to be any problems with him, always gave 100% and all those POTY awards shows how he was thought of. I would have liked to see him play alongside Vinny and also see him have a few more games with Kolo Toure but he didn't really get the chance. If I remember correctly we treated him a bit shabbily when he left, Gary Cook saying "We needed the money" and also saying he wasn't a big enough name.

Good luck Richard.

Whilst I applaud the loyalty to the guy he was a total liability after Distin left and a couple of stats prove this

Most Premiership Own Goals - Dunney at Number 1 with 10!
http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/eng-premier-league/eigentore/1/

Most Premiership Red Cards - Dunney again at Number 1 with 8! (tied with Duncan Ferguson and Patrick Viera)
http://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeRedCards?comp_code=EPL

So I wish him well as a person but a great footballer he was not....

Loved Dunneninho and the era he played in with us. Earned a few quid off his goals too.

He laid his heart and body on the line for us and for that he will always have my respect. Good luck Dunney.

I feel he has an affection for City that many players who leave our club, for whatever reasons they are, don't. Good luck Dunnie. Whatever your aspirations are. And Shawn Wright Phillips as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.