Richard Dunne

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ancoats, 21 Jul 2016.

1. Corky

Corky

It used to be a by a voting slip in the programme then they stopped doing that, and it wasn't obvious at first how they were choosing the players when it went to supporters clubs. I assume it is social media now. No issue with anyone getting voted POTY but it wasn't necessarily the best player that season, just the most popular with the voters.

samarasra likes this.
  2. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

As much as we all disagree with each other from time to time on here, don't think I've ever seen a city player win player of the year when he's had an average season. The fans normally get it right and Dunne was a very good player for where we were at the time.

3. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    Singlehandedly holding a good Liverpool side to a 0-0 draw was a superb individual performance. One of the best ever.

Dunne gave everything in a City shirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Idontpullout

Idontpullout

I have no doubt if it wasn't for the likes of him and Distan, we probably would have been relegated during the Pearce years.

During a period where we were a last paycheck for has beens, and then didn't have 2 cents to rub together to bring anyone in, he was one of the few players that would drag the team by the scruff of the neck to keep us up.

Although he never had the quality for a team to challenge for the title,He was such an important player for our survival that led us to where we are now.

For that, to me he is a legend.

Eccles Blue, Craig and samarasra like this.
  5. borassic

borassic

Distin had half the bollocks and heart that Dunne had, Dunney cared about City, for where we were at the moment in time, he was monumental for us.

Eccles Blue likes this.
  6. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Course he is.

Plus you don't win 4 POTY Trophies IN A ROW for no reason.

He was a fan favourite and many who have been going City for the last 20 + years will agree

7. DontLookBackInAnger

DontLookBackInAnger

I agree up to a point but its worth remembering that when he joined us he did so having had a move to Wimbledon having fallen through, he left us after the takeover and Wimbledon didn't exist any more! So his length and the journey the club had while he was there make him worthy of note.

Eccles Blue and samarasra like this.
  8. Mike N

Mike N

Absolutely fantastic servant for our football club. I don't know if he works for the club but if not, he should be doing.

9. bear in the big blue house

bear in the big blue house

Team supported:
    City
    I think he was living in France but agree if he wanted or needed it a role at the club would be appropriate. There is probably a lot of talent in Ireland, as a longstanding Irish international maybe something along those lines.

Eccles Blue and samarasra like this.
  10. Jogon 127

Jogon 127

Just for the avoidance of doubt.....Richard Dunne is a stalwart, likeable, probably our best player over those four seasons but my issue is the use of the word ‘legend’.

Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Kinky etc.....fair enough....sorry Dunney Monster isn’t a legend he did put in some huge performances but never will be a legend, sorry.