Richard Dunne

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ancoats, 21 Jul 2016.

1. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

agreed. i was a fan of Coton before he joined that lot.

My old email address was that of Anelkas name haha.

Although i agree towards the end of their time at city i didnt warm to him or tevez

2. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    I like Tevez still. The situation in Munich was blown out of all proportion. I’d love to have seen him under Pellegrini one season. He’d have thrived in that attacking side.

Anelka’s career finished in allegations of anti-semitism. Perhaps Jewish people haven’t suffered enough over the years.

3. ali benarbia's studs

ali benarbia's studs

Dunne was a tough bona fide defender, his best game ever was for Ireland in Moscow against Russia.

Great for City just very unfortunate with his blocks which usually deflected in oppositions favour. Henry roasted him in a couple of games, but he had the heart to put himself where it hurts. Love Dunny , I ll never forget his commitment to club and country.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Blueknows

Blueknows

most red cards and own goals not exactly VK material

remember arthur mann likes this.
  5. Jogon 127

Jogon 127

Jesus Christ....some rewriting of history going on here....he was above average, that’s all.

6. Jogon 127

Jogon 127

Legend?

Fuck me....him winning 4 poty trophies was pretty embarrassing imo.

All heart and effort in the main....but legend?

7. samarasra

samarasra

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Heart and efforts are essential qualities of a legend. In his era our legendary fans voted him poty 4 times. Sorry they embarrassed you.

8. TINY

TINY

It depends what metric you measure the word legen against, if it’s trophies then we don’t have too many. For me, Dunne is a legend of the club and should be remembered as such in 50 years’ time.

Though I respect anyone’s decision not to measure him or anyone that’s not won a major trophy as legend, each to their own

Eccles Blue and samarasra like this.
  9. Corky

Corky

The majority of fans were not allowed to vote, only the supporters club in those days hence the lazy voting. Always thought Distin was the stronger of the two by a mile and could have got several himself, as well as one more for SWP and Barton should have had at least one in the same period. i did not get a vote like most fans though.

samarasra likes this.
  10. samarasra

samarasra

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Fair point in general and on those players, I did not get a vote either but there is no way of knowing how the majority of fans would have voted. Either way I am not embarrassed by the vote nor would I have been if those you mention won it.