Richard Keys "City blow a fortune"

I tweeted him asking him about the £300m, i said its about £140m net spend, probably less to be honest after selling Tevez, Rodwell, Javi, Negredo, Huws, Barry, etc and he said it includes wages , i replied asking if Milner is therefore a £10m signing for Liverpool or a Free? no reply

I tweeted him asking him about the £300m, i said its about £140m net spend, probably less to be honest after selling Tevez, Rodwell, Javi, Negredo, Huws, Barry, etc and he said it includes wages , i replied asking if Milner is therefore a £10m signing for Liverpool or a Free? no reply

Well, at least you got an snswer to your question. Was it correct? That would be the next question.

Firmino = Overhyped by Pro-Liverpool media. Mind you he's not a bad player, but judging by his performances in the Copa he can't be that good - he missed a sitter i.e the target of an open goal for Brazil in the group stages. I could never picture Aguero doing that.

1 miss doesn't make you a bad player. He's pretty good.

We should back out for Sterling in my opinion, even with him they won't be challenging the top order, let them keep him to stir up shit within their first team.

Its funny how if this was the other way around, we'd be critisiced for it. Shame alot is controlled by the Liverpool media mafia.

Given our wage bill has gone down since Bob I'm not sure why it would be included.

Unless you're a journo using hyperbole to strengthen a pretty flimsy point.

And that's a conservative estimate at that, at least £110,000 a week for a minimum 3 year contract plus whatever his signing on fee is adds up to a minimum £20 million transfer. Or it would if we signed him on a free from dipperpool.

And that's a conservative estimate at that, at least £110,000 a week for a minimum 3 year contract plus whatever his signing on fee is adds up to a minimum £20 million transfer. Or it would if we signed him on a free from dipperpool.

Spot on!

On a related point, the Scousers splashing all this cash when they have recently scraped through FFP checks. The focus has been on the Milan Clubs benefitting from a weakening of FFP (and ourselves according to the Media) but the Dippers seem quids in. They are benefitting from dodgy shirt sponsorship deals that have allowed them to eg sign Milner and hold out for maximum money on Sterling.

Fair enough the Dippers took some stick a few months ago about wasteful signings but they seem to be the media's darlings again now!

Not sure why most people are disagreeing with his article to be honest.

Obviously the headline figure is wrong, but if you strip away the bullshit and Mancini paragraph Keys is pretty much on point.

Have we wasted a shitload of money on mediocre (at best) players? Yes.

Have we been almost suicidal in our lack of good quality home grown signings? Of course.

Have we, potentially, blown out advantage with two years of poor transfer policy? Quite possibly.

Is Keys a tw@t? Without doubt.

Not sure why most people are disagreeing with his article to be honest.

Have we wasted a shitload of money on mediocre (at best) players? Yes.
I'd argue we haven't "wasted a shitload of money on medicore players". But even if we had, are we the only club to do that? No.
So where's his article on Liverpool, Spurs, the rags, Arsenal, etc?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.